Who has a 32" SB Light over a 48" tank? are your edges dark? Also - mounting them in hood?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After pulling them all I still got over 300 par at 18" with them at 60% blue and 30% white. That's 5" in the water! I had to turn them down to get the 200-250 par at the top of my rock columns where my acroporas sit.

If you pull some and don't like it, nice thing is you can always put them back.

As you said Salty, these have power to spare! No joke.
Holy smokes ! Really??
I'm putting the new ones 9in above the water. I planned on pulling the half my favorite ones to pull again but.... I'm never going to be over 40% if that. Nice!!

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Where you asking about mounting on a hood or canapy? I have 2 of the 16 inch wifi sb reef lights over my 150gal tall (48 long). I have no dark areas. They are mounted on my canopy. My son cut 2 holes in the top and we used "L" shaped metal strips on top of the canopy and screwed the brackets into the canopy. I can send pics if your interested.

Do you have any issues trying to control two different sbreef Lights with the app at the same time? Mine usually shows on online and the other offline. I’m having a hard time getting them to easily be controlled through the app.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any issues trying to control two different sbreef Lights with the app at the same time? Mine usually shows on online and the other offline. I’m having a hard time getting them to easily be controlled through the app.
When mine first arrived, there was a mistake at the factory and all six lights had the same MAC address in the wifi cards. This made it so that only one light could ever be connected to my router at one time. SB had to send me replacement network boards which I replaced myself. Took 5 minutes per light.

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When mine first arrived, there was a mistake at the factory and all six lights had the same MAC address in the wifi cards. This made it so that only one light could ever be connected to my router at one time. SB had to send me replacement network boards which I replaced myself. Took 5 minutes per light.
I think this is exactly what is happening to mine. That and the poor instructions that cane with it lol

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 29 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back