Who is around Central NY

mlrifleny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to saltwater but have had aquariums for over 40 years. I live in Summerhill NY just out side of Cortland.
Jim

OceanJack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

Rochester NY reefer here that just joined. Previously and still am on Nano Reefs and Reef Central

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elmira Heights here, what's goin on everyone... new (~1yr to reefing) but have been bringing strange creatures home since I was in diapers. Anyone know of a decent spot for frags in the region. City Zoo here is pretty good and the staff is super helpful, other than that it seems to be dry for hours in any direction.

JimmyV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elmira Heights here, what's goin on everyone... new (~1yr to reefing) but have been bringing strange creatures home since I was in diapers. Anyone know of a decent spot for frags in the region. City Zoo here is pretty good and the staff is super helpful, other than that it seems to be dry for hours in any direction.
Hey welcome. I am from bainbridge and the only place I go is syracuse to abc reefs, or order online. Binghamton has squat for any frags or colonies of any sort in the two stores there, Though you might get lucky once in awhile

CuseReefer84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Syracuse has a few different spots. ABC Reef, Acks exotic pets and Amazing Aquariums in liverpool. I also love to trade corals. Just seems like not many people xo trades these days. When i first got onto the hobby in 2008 it was a lot better for trading. Just my opinion tho.

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets do it, always down to see peoples setups and exchange ideas +/- EtOH.

Square_D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Syracuse has a few different spots. ABC Reef, Acks exotic pets and Amazing Aquariums in liverpool. I also love to trade corals. Just seems like not many people xo trades these days. When i first got onto the hobby in 2008 it was a lot better for trading. Just my opinion tho.

I'm right around the corner 5 mins toward camillus , you in?

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mexico checking in. Anyone hear anything about ax’s exotic pets new store?? They say they are starting a new fish store.. seems very hush hush. Need better selection in this area.. fish fanatics closed sudden last year. ABC seems to be into poisonous fish and not reef safe items lately. Amazing aquariums seems low on selection when I go in... maybe it’s just me but I’ve always heard winter is the high season for the reefers.

Derek Claxton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mexico checking in. Anyone hear anything about ax’s exotic pets new store?? They say they are starting a new fish store.. seems very hush hush. Need better selection in this area.. fish fanatics closed sudden last year. ABC seems to be into poisonous fish and not reef safe items lately. Amazing aquariums seems low on selection when I go in... maybe it’s just me but I’ve always heard winter is the high season for the reefers.

You're still luckier that I am. I'm in Ogdensburg. No LFS until you get to Watertown. One being a small LFS with a guy that can be hot or cold in helping. The other two are Petco and Pet Supplies Plus. Neither of which have Saltwater knowledgeable people. I'm learning Trial by Fire style.

Derek

Square_D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to talk to my4 year old cuz he’s the only one interested haha gf thinks I’m a nerd with all my test vials...

Same here, fish fanatics was really getting better they were having little meet and greet introductory classes and fragging classes. their closing was very sudden rip. ABC is good but , nothing for corals in my opinion. Rochester buffalo have so many more fish stores HOC is great and ARC is better than anything syracuse has ever seen as well.
I hope acks does open a new fish store keep me posted if you hear anything!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back