Who is around Central NY

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes and getting nicer by the day. But hell!! Could have gone up a floor lol takes me 15 min to go from the district office to the connex. Only school I’ve worked on where elementary middle and high school are all one building and it’s all one floor.
I went to a central school in sandy creek. But we had multiple floors.
Your community center is nice too.

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That community center was expensive 15 years ago. That connected the schools and made the campus. Imagine a soccer field east to west where that sits between the elementary and high school. Just crazy, I had 63 people in my senior class back in 1998. I have never even been in that community center to tell the truth. When the pool went in, I did the math on many kids had to pee in it to displace the water. I will never swim in that chlorinated urine.

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bahaha yes I’m no fan of public pools .

Idk what the overall cost is of this phase of the project is but I can imagine it’s up there .. the electrical started at 1.2 mill. And there is all new hvac new roof top units new floors two new locker rooms in the hs. It’s a long duration project for sure . Slotted for two years.

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. We just had the running track built last year also. Which went over the top of the old one??? They claim it's all state $. But my family owns 500 acres of farmland. I've done the math on the taxes. It's about $2800 a day per kid in that school now. I can see how you can vote for stuff like that if you live on a 1/4 acre, come on. You've seen downtown. It's like the state giving me a Ferrari, all I have to do is pay the insurance on it, and fix it when it breaks. Come on. Get a bus and throw the kids in the lake if they want to swim. 4 miles north.

CuseReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
North Syracuse here myself. I will be at Flower City Frag Fest also if anyone is looking for frags. As for Ack's new adventure, I think they will be disclosing new info around the end of the month.

swap.jpg

PicassoDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will people realize state money = YOUR TAX $? Drives me nuts. NY is #1 in $ spent per student, and $ does not equal education, I'm pretty sure it's mostly multi-million dollar facilities... #1 in taxes, #3 in people leaving...

End rant.

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worked at S.U.two summers ago for espn. Installed a bunch of fiber around the practice fields and then a bunch of broadcasting truck stations around the same fields as well as the sky top ice arena. Was a good job minus the rain. Got to bounce around campus all spring summer and a bit into fall.

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmm. I'm sure the girls liked that paycheck. I'm sorry, trying to remember when I was young man. I've almost grown up a little. There isn't any room for expansion on the hill unless the university knocks their hospital down.

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And if they decide to topple the hospital I’ll gladly work on whatever they put in its place !

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my gf is getting tickets I have a four year old son who is also drinking the cool aid

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some ear protection for the kids, very loud, but fun for sure! Except trying to get there and park, and then trying to leave if you park close. Urrgh. 10,000 people leaving at the same time, I'm glad I'm not driving. Plan on getting off 690 or 81 two hours before it starts also. I've done it for a few years, its painfully slow.

JimmyV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bahaha yes I’m no fan of public pools .

Idk what the overall cost is of this phase of the project is but I can imagine it’s up there .. the electrical started at 1.2 mill. And there is all new hvac new roof top units new floors two new locker rooms in the hs. It’s a long duration project for sure . Slotted for two years.
jbomb001 who is doing the tin on the job

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it was JB contracting that put the new rubber roof and insulation on the high school 10 or 11 years ago. They also hung new tin around the top. 2/3rds or 3/4s is brick, then a dark brown tin around the top.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back