0   0   0
Rome ny I upgraded to a 120

20190303_174602.jpg

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here, fish fanatics was really getting better they were having little meet and greet introductory classes and fragging classes. their closing was very sudden rip. ABC is good but , nothing for corals in my opinion. Rochester buffalo have so many more fish stores HOC is great and ARC is better than anything syracuse has ever seen as well.
I hope acks does open a new fish store keep me posted if you hear anything!

The store clerk told me they could not disclose any information on it but it should be open in March but he would not tell me where... they were in process of moving live stock and shutting down tanks at the current store. They were not offering any deals on anything stating that they were just going to relocate all the stock . So sounds like it’ll be open soon??

Derek Claxton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was at the petco up there the other day poor condition they are in

They had a new guy there couple of weeks ago. He was super friendly. Didn't know much about fish. But, was actively cleaning all of the FW tanks. They were looking good. SW tanks were still so-so.

Aqua Plus in Watertown, their tanks are terrible. Doesn't look like they've ever done any maintenance on tanks. Bought a few pieces of dry rock about 3 weeks ago for a Pico I am setting up. He seemed inconvenienced that he had to help me.

If Ogdensburg wasn't such a **** hole, I'd start a small store here. Just to stay busy. But, I can only find one other person in the area that has SW.

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea not much going on up that far lol. I used to come up to potsdam on the weekends when my x wife was in college there. Nice town

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahaha. Syracuse is "Central NY"? I live 50 miles north of NYC and friends who live in the city consider my neighborhood to be the "Great White North" or "The Country" ;)

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea not much going on up that far lol. I used to come up to potsdam on the weekends when my x wife was in college there. Nice town

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your “upstate” syr is central ny I’m between central and northern.

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes me 4 hours to drive to Syracuse. My son went to school in Rochester. Upstate is beautiful!

However, my tank (and I) are in Peekskill.

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes me 4 hours to drive to Syracuse. My son went to school in Rochester. Upstate is beautiful!

However, my tank (and I) are in Peekskill.

Used to party like hell in Peekskill!! Have a high school buddy they moved there to work in the city as a lock smith

jgvergo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to party like hell in Peekskill!! Have a high school buddy they moved there to work in the city as a lock smith
Peekskill is a great town. Lot's of restaurants, clubs, music,...a lot of things to do and fun to have!

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Red Creek. Syracuse or Rochester for me. Rochester frag swap March 30th for something to do. My GF lives south of Rochester, so more time to look for stuff out there. Cicero petland did have a nice selection, or you could put in a request in the notebook, just south of acks in the PC Lowes plaza. I wish all stores were like ARC in Buffalo. I swing in the Faimount Petco off 173 when I'm driving past also. They keep stuff pretty clean, but common fish.

Square_D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Red Creek. Syracuse or Rochester for me. Rochester frag swap March 30th for something to do. My GF lives south of Rochester, so more time to look for stuff out there. Cicero petland did have a nice selection, or you could put in a request in the notebook, just south of acks in the PC Lowes plaza. I wish all stores were like ARC in Buffalo. I swing in the Faimount Petco off 173 when I'm driving past also. They keep stuff pretty clean, but common fish.

I live 2 minutes off 173 in Fairmount! I just met cusereefer84 today! I was a ****** host and didn't offer him a drink , but he was a nice guy can't wait to see his setup.

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of you guys know someone looking for a tank with all the extras, I'm almost ready to sell my old setup, just would recommend a new stand, this has some bottom water damage. A stand, heaters, rock and sand is all it needs.
Screenshot_20190312-221600_Gallery.jpg

Cadlights 45 gallon shallow. 36 X 24 X 12.
Kessil 160's, nyos skimmer, vectra M1 pump, gyre 230's, marine depot trigger sump.

Last edited:

Square_D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of you guys know someone looking for a tank with all the extras, I'm almost ready to sell my old setup, just would recommend a new stand, this has some bottom water damage. A stand, heaters, rock and sand is all it needs.
Screenshot_20190312-221600_Gallery.jpg

Cadlights 45 gallon shallow. 36 X 24 X 12.
Kessil 160's, nyos skimmer, vectra M1 pump, gyre 230's, marine depot trigger sump.

Nice set up, how much?
Rochester buffalo area has so many more awesome coral stores :(
Have you seen any more byropsis?

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if it's byprosis yet. When I see a shoot on that clam shell, I pluck it outside the tank and glue over it. My microscope isn't lab grade, and haven't found a pic of a 32nd of an inch nub of it.
To get to corals, house of corals in pittsford is a nice shop. Only open on weekends as far as I know. He and his wife do live sales around every holiday, look up the FB page. They also supply some frags to one of the Rochester stores. If you ever go, be sure to stop a couple doors over for lunch. Saks, has the best Thai food I've ever had. Incredible if you're a food person. I go all the time. If vietnamese pho is your thing, the best is SEA restaurant on Mt. Hope ave., get the egg rolls here for sure. Sorry I got sidetracked. Buffalo the only shop I go to is ARC. Its pricey, but TCK corals shares the storefront with them. Look him up on here. He has some really nice stuff. I can't wait till next winter for my tank to mature so I can get a real "Tony's cookie monster" from him. So blue. TCK has live sales on r2r now and then.
I don't know about my old tank. I could part it out, but would rather give proven tools to somebody starting out.
$1,250 is what I was thinking with delivery to Rochester or Syracuse. Let some people know about it. If I was going to put it back up, I'd get one of those innovative marine aluminum stands. The aps60 is 36 X 24.

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Small world I’m working at the red creek central school, doing the electrical for the remodel. Been Driving out there every day sense last April.

Back