Who is the boss of your tank?

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my tank my coral beauty thinks he’s the boss. He chases new fish for a bit then leaves them alone. He occasionally “shows the other fish in my tank who’s boss,BUT, I’ve Never seen him throw hands with my Midas blenny.then again I’ve never seen him mess with my clownfish either, but who would ever want to mess with those little psychos. (Jk my clowns are actually little angels… for now)

I think that my Midas blenny is secretly the top dog.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow tang. My lady named him "Albert," and "Albert" is a total butt. Hes "El Jefe" of the tank. If I add any new fish, he makes a point to chase them and be a total turd for like two weeks...Hes killed probably four fish in the last six months I've tried to add. I will be moving my tank to a different wall in the house because my Lady (the El Jefe outside of the tank) wants it somewhere else, so my plan is to change the aquascape up and add fish then...hoping it will chill him down a bit.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to say my blue tang but that’s just because it’s the biggest it actually doesn’t care , it would have to be my lawn mower blenny he’s super fat and investigates anything put into the tank , even bothered my arrow crab lol

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now this black cap basslet thinks it is. For the last couple weeks it has been dumping sand on the clownfish. I just cleared it off yesterday, so this what it’s back up to already.. There is quite a tunnel being formed under one of the larger rocks in the tank, I have caught it swimming clear through to the other side, completely under sand/rock. Pretty impressive for a fish

122F72FB-67DF-46D4-85FB-28F38D0EF541.jpeg

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My Niger trigger, Jello, is 100% the boss in my 55.
But, Felicia is the dragon that guards the kingdom of her anemones from all her tank mates, and any other evil monster that may enter her lair...
20211005_184359-01.jpeg

OP
OP
WhitePanther93

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Niger trigger, Jello, is 100% the boss in my 55.
But, Felicia is the dragon that guards the kingdom of her anemones from all her tank mates, and any other evil monster that may enter her lair...
20211005_184359-01.jpeg
There is true evil behind those eyes.

OP
OP
WhitePanther93

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow tang. My lady named him "Albert," and "Albert" is a total butt. Hes "El Jefe" of the tank. If I add any new fish, he makes a point to chase them and be a total turd for like two weeks...Hes killed probably four fish in the last six months I've tried to add. I will be moving my tank to a different wall in the house because my Lady (the El Jefe outside of the tank) wants it somewhere else, so my plan is to change the aquascape up and add fish then...hoping it will chill him down a bit.
dang. My coral beauty is an angel ( pun not intended) compared to your tang. Mine usually bothers a new fish for maybe the night then in the morning, no problems for the most part.

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple tang or Powder blue dnu what 1 they don't bother each other but the powder blue is bigger

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my tank my coral beauty thinks he’s the boss. He chases new fish for a bit then leaves them alone. He occasionally “shows the other fish in my tank who’s boss,BUT, I’ve Never seen him throw hands with my Midas blenny.then again I’ve never seen him mess with my clownfish either, but who would ever want to mess with those little psychos. (Jk my clowns are actually little angels… for now)

I think that my Midas blenny is secretly the top dog.
The blue tux. He picks up all the snails, eats the algae on them, and then just drops them somewhere.

tried to pick up giant rocks 4x his size.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back