who is the clam pro?

I agree, fish behavior can be generalized, but it comes down to the individual fish. I've had a yellow tang take out several clams, but I also had a 6-line wrasse that was a model citizen. I think certain fish are 50/50 and you may get lucky, but it's really a coin toss. If you really want to try a clam (after learning their care requirements), then maybe try a derasa (maybe 3"+) to see if the stripey has a taste for them? But also have a plan if you do decide to try a clam and it goes wrong, re-homing the clam with a local reefer or LFS.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new