who is the clam pro?

hmm bummer. ok. im leaning away from one because of the stripey...
Yeah, that's a tough call. You could try a derasa, as they are usually around 2-3", but that will only give you one or two nips from the stripey before you have to pull it. I love fish, but love clams more. 😀
 
yeah im glad i found this out before i got a clam. ive been wondering if that fish is the reason my plates are dying!🧐🤨
I was going to get a stripey until I read up on them, and they can indeed get at taste for LPS.

Once they do, they won't stop. I had a filefish that started eating my cynarina.... Had to rehome him.
 
I got mine from clamania on a live sale and it was two fingers small now it’s probably tripled in size. He just told me to slowly acclimate it so my aquarium ph matches the water in the container the clam is in. Took me an hour
 
Yeah, that's a tough call. You could try a derasa, as they are usually around 2-3", but that will only give you one or two nips from the stripey before you have to pull it. I love fish, but love clams more. 😀
I always wanted a copperband. Now I have one that eats like a pig.

I then realized I wanted a clam!

Tough call, pretty torn down the middle, but i already have the CBB so he'll stay and have a good life in my tank! I've considered setting up a remote clam tank plumbed into my system though
 
oh boy. here i go again..... tell me more please!
The Stripey is an aip eating machine. Doesn't nip at anything else (10 different Euphyllia and assorted other fleshy corals), to include clam mantles. What other info can I provide / how can I help?
 
just wondering whether or not to try a clam. ive got a stripey and am suspecting its the reason my plates are going downhill. figured a clam was out of the question!
 
just wondering whether or not to try a clam. ive got a stripey and am suspecting its the reason my plates are going downhill. figured a clam was out of the question!
Ohhhh, this is a tough one to weigh in on. Have you seen it picking on the plates or anything else? Did their (coral) decline coincide with the addition of the Stripey?

All fish are different, so while we can generalize expected behavior based on the species, there are always outliers and oddballs.
 
I always wanted a copperband. Now I have one that eats like a pig.

I then realized I wanted a clam!

Tough call, pretty torn down the middle, but i already have the CBB so he'll stay and have a good life in my tank! I've considered setting up a remote clam tank plumbed into my system though
Mine is in the center refugium section of my sump. CBB is in the display
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new