Who is this little guy

ATC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my wife went out of town yesterday and picked this guy up she called and asked if we could put a royal gramma in our tank I told her yes this guy is who showed up 2 hours later he is definitely not a gramma lol. He’s cute and all but from what I can tell he’s a dottyback of some sort and if I’m not mistaken not good for a peaceful tank. He seems pretty chill right now but he’s been in the tank for less than 24 hours.
The Other tank inhabitants are
1mocha storm clown
1 Darwin clown
1 red fire fish
2 scarlet cleaners
5 turbo snails
1 Holoween hermit
And about 15 blue and red leg hermits
Tank is 90 gallon
I would hate for anything to happen to my any of my current inhabitants I’ve become quite attached to them.

519DCB07-E590-4980-9638-0DA9E89FF110.jpeg 44E10292-CC63-49D7-AE5D-5FE8E2744278.jpeg

OP
OP
ATC

ATC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a purple strip dotty back.

they can be a bit aggressive, they could eat any shrimp you have.

But it is a pretty fish lol.
He is pretty but my cleaner shrimp are my favorite guys in the tank he might have to be relocated to the other currently empty tank until I can get him to the LFS and swap him for the gramma he was supposed to be there will be no shrimp dinner for him unless it comes in the form of a frozen cube lol.

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is pretty but my cleaner shrimp are my favorite guys in the tank he might have to be relocated to the other currently empty tank until I can get him to the LFS and swap him for the gramma he was supposed to be there will be no shrimp dinner for him unless it comes in the form of a frozen cube lol.
Lol. Bummer they like shrimp lol. He’s a pretty fish.

good luck my friend and happy reefing!

OP
OP
ATC

ATC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that store ripped you off....outrage
I’m more ticked off that he’s already in with my other fish the wife thought she was going to be nice and get him acclimated and put in the tank for me and he’s a bloody nightmare to catch. The store already credited back the cost of the fish so at least one plus lol Apparently some new person working at the store that has no business being there just assumed that’s what he was and my wife didn’t know any better.

OP
OP
ATC

ATC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay We caught him he went into a lone live rock in the middle of tank had a bucket of tank water standing by blocked his exit with my hand while rock into the bucket…. Now he is getting a quick temp acclimation and into my the 38 lol.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back