OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same. Mine doesn’t touch it. This is at its peak I have since 75% tamed it with a bit with manual labor and fluconazole. Dude would just slide right over it. You can see him there… not eating it. Even with nutrients under control it’s relentless.

If I would give it 3-4 days of not scrubbing/sucking it out the algae would come back something fierce. Tried natural remedies and finally gave in to the fluconazole so far around a week in it’s the best I’ve gotten the tank to look in months. If all the rock weren’t glued together I would take them out and h2o2 them
Mine also slid over the nori I put in front of it. I tried green and red nori, and even Romain lettuce.

I thought the first one was defective, so I bought another. Neither are eating anything.

I spoke to eatbreakfast, and he told me bullet gobies would work for hair algae, so I ordered one.

yabani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone in this forum keep a sea hare either as a pet or as part of their CUC?
I do. I used to have two. I lost one mysteriously. When I first got them, everyone told me they are going to die, specially because they claim, my tank did not have enough growon algae to fill one-third of their body size everyday. Surprisingly, they lasted 6 weeks, maybe more .. until I lost one just a couple of days back. Have a look at the video. I still don't know what that fluid was.
The second one keeps going like Energizer Battery.

Attachments

• seahare_vid.mp4
    3.6 MB
  • seahare1.jpeg
    seahare1.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 7
  • seahare2.jpeg
    seahare2.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 7

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back