Who should go to the bad fishy jail?

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all,
So I just got another tang for my bedroom tank.
it is a tomie tang that is basically the same length as a sailfin i had before. The sailfin and his best buddy (my foxface) stated bullying him. he never went and hid. so i put up a mirror and every fish expet for the clowns and the goby were attacking their evil twin.
a while later the sailfin kinda stopped and they started ignoring the wall. the tomie tang kept swimmig back and forth on the glass. the sailfin was then bothering him not full on attacking but trying to nip, being bigger.. etc. towards the end of the night the tomie tang finally went to the other side of the tank(more closed off) where the clownfish hang our and hid in some rocks. during the night i turned off the moonlight so the sailfin would go to sleep. (usually swims around alot at night)
i also put up a mirror at night on the other side.
this morning they weren't bothering eachother but i also didn't get to see the tank on with much light. i put out some nori and fed some pellets.
i had someone check on the tank, and they said that the new fish was on the other side still and everyone else was on the big side.
But if they're still being aggressive what should i do?
I can put one in a little cage. for a little while.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all,
So I just got another tang for my bedroom tank.
it is a tomie tang that is basically the same length as a sailfin i had before. The sailfin and his best buddy (my foxface) stated bullying him. he never went and hid. so i put up a mirror and every fish expet for the clowns and the goby were attacking their evil twin.
a while later the sailfin kinda stopped and they started ignoring the wall. the tomie tang kept swimmig back and forth on the glass. the sailfin was then bothering him not full on attacking but trying to nip, being bigger.. etc. towards the end of the night the tomie tang finally went to the other side of the tank(more closed off) where the clownfish hang our and hid in some rocks. during the night i turned off the moonlight so the sailfin would go to sleep. (usually swims around alot at night)
i also put up a mirror at night on the other side.
this morning they weren't bothering eachother but i also didn't get to see the tank on with much light. i put out some nori and fed some pellets.
i had someone check on the tank, and they said that the new fish was on the other side still and everyone else was on the big side.
But if they're still being aggressive what should i do?
I can put one in a little cage. for a little while.
It may take some time, maybe a few “rounds” before I do anything, provided there is no sustained attack.

They need to work out the new hierarchy and once set, things would calm way down.

3-5-7 days we should have a better idea, if this can be worked out between them.

Good luck.

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may take some time, maybe a few “rounds” before I do anything, provided there is no sustained attack.

They need to work out the new hierarchy and once set, things would calm way down.

3-5-7 days we should have a better idea, if this can be worked out between them.

Good luck.
Alright.
I really hope they will.
I got this as a "birthday present" for my grandma.
She loves my fish and watches then for hours. She picked out the sailfin and named it fin.
She also picked out this one and named him the gray ghost.

20231105_150443.jpg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I added a Sailfin to existing, blue, yellow and Kole, the Sailfin flashed the yellow alot the first day, less in a few more, on occasion even after two years.

But just flash, no bite. IMG_1726.jpeg

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So watching the fish right now. It appears that the foxface is doing most of the aggression surprisingly.
He keeps chasing it kn a quick circle then pointing its spikes at it.
The tomi tang kinda jumps out of the rock and starts eating off the rock then tbe foxface will try to come at Jim a little. Which seems to be causing the tang to be aggressive towards it.
But it dosnt bother the sailfin much and it dosnt bother the tomie.
No flashing or any thing.

(Tomie just chased the foxface when it started coming up behind it while eating.)
I have video of some of this stuff but idk how to post it correctly.

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been 2 days.
Any changes?
They're chilling.
The foxface is not being very aggressive anymore.
Sailfin has stopped caring.
The new tang goes and hides when someone is infront of the tank or gets spooked but that's expected.

I've finally got it to eat some nori this morning.
But he has been eating algae off rocks.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're chilling.
The foxface is not being very aggressive anymore.
Sailfin has stopped caring.
The new tang goes and hides when someone is infront of the tank or gets spooked but that's expected.

I've finally got it to eat some nori this morning.
But he has been eating algae off rocks.
Great news!
Enjoy the new family addition!

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news!
Enjoy the new family addition!
I've definately been exited.
I'm still always looking for more stuff to add.
I think my fish craze is over.

I'm thinking about getting a magnifica sometime after the tank gets fully stable again.

I made a thread asking if it was a good idea a few days ago but It's now stuck in unanswered limbo. Just waiting for someone to browse the unanswered section and see it.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've definately been exited.
I'm still always looking for more stuff to add.
I think my fish craze is over.

I'm thinking about getting a magnifica sometime after the tank gets fully stable again.

I made a thread asking if it was a good idea a few days ago but It's now stuck in unanswered limbo. Just waiting for someone to browse the unanswered section and see it.
It’s such a great feeling when the new entry is accepted.
There may be disagreements from time to time.
Very demanding Anenome! But stunning….

OP
OP
randomfishdude

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s such a great feeling when the new entry is accepted.
There may be disagreements from time to time.
Very demanding Anenome! But stunning….
I know they don't have as much color as a LTA which is what I currently have. But I love how thier tenticles are and also the fact that they are a natural host to clowns.

Rive always loved wavy things and also a challenge.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back