MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
who uses BRS 2 Part Doser?

if not this, what do you use and why?

looking around on what I wanna do since I'm getting more into SPS.

Thanks.

divewsharks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use BRS 2/3 part (3rd part being Mag). Have been for a couple of years on a Drew's Dosers connected to my Apex controller.
I use it cause it works well and is really easy and doesn't cost an arm & leg.

mooo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im using it only because I have a controller, otherwise id go with a bubble magus doser.

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use it but dose by hand as i have alot of time on my hands now ..It is the most economical way to go and easy to do ..next step is to get a pair of dosers to tie into my reefkeeper to let it do its automated thing should be cool to watch..what are you using currently or are you starting up A new tank setup ?
Roger

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had them hooked up to my Apex for Calcium & Alk for about 6 months and I've had no problems with them.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the calcium part to raise calcium to 450, to supplement what my kalk reactor couldn't get it up too. Once I did, the kalk maintains it at that level now, and I don't have to dose either Alk or Cal.

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use drews dosers with BRS 2 part. Ive been using them for a couple yrs and they hold very well. I was using a litermeter 3 before and it would always get a few ml off over time

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it then use there mag, It runs out pretty fast IMO though i get about 3 months from it. So i would buy some extra's its just a hassle to re order the stuff.

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking into getting one of those as well. The BRS doser doesn't run all the time, as per it's description, so I would assume that it would be set to run for a couple of hours at a certain time each day as set by a controller. If this is the case, then are they usually set to dose at night?

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking into getting one of those as well. The BRS doser doesn't run all the time, as per it's description, so I would assume that it would be set to run for a couple of hours at a certain time each day as set by a controller. If this is the case, then are they usually set to dose at night?

Most the time a couple second to a few minutes not hours. You basicly do it like this Dose one day to get to the levels you want. The next day you see how much you fell from those levels use the calc to figure out how much you need to add to get back to your levels then see how much fluid that is. From there you set the things up on quility timers and bam everything gets dosed for you. Some quality controllers Apex and Digital Aquatics you can set it to go off twice a day which does make it evon more stable.

arotbart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Bionic ESV two part and drip dose brightwell's Kalk +2 24/7. When I mix my kalk, and add a "dash" of Natureef Reef concentrate Former. With the Brightwells and Natureef, that takes care of the magnisium and strontium.....

chefmur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use BRS 2 part with two of the dosers they sell, have them hooked up to digital timers to dose during the night. Had to fiddle with them for the first few nights adding equal parts was giving me high alk and low CA. I ended up dosing ALK 20 mins and CA 30 mins and it works like a charm. Everything very stable and corals very happy, saves me a fortune compared to the ESV 2 part I was using before.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Bionic ESV two part and drip dose brightwell's Kalk +2 24/7. When I mix my kalk, and add a "dash" of Natureef Reef concentrate Former. With the Brightwells and Natureef, that takes care of the magnisium and strontium.....

How do you like that Brightwell Kalk +2? I've been thinking about trying it next time I have to buy kalk.

arotbart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like that Brightwell Kalk +2? I've been thinking about trying it next time I have to buy kalk.

for what its worth...i think the stuff is a difference maker...little tricky to get the dosing down, but not only does it dose calcium hydroxide, strontium and magnisium, but it helps with the skimming too..I just really like it...

I do half the recommended dose of two part because I am dripping kalk, which raises ph, adds CA and alkalinity....

Whatever you do...just start on the low end and work your way up...test frequently!

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys for the replies. I was talking about the actual doser, not the 2 part. but seems like their 2 part is popular as well. :)

I might give these guys a try. :)

Back