Whos got a AI Nero 5 Powerhead?

Just want to add my comments about Nero pumps. I have 2 Nero 5 (8months old) and 1 Nero 3 (6 months). I have had nothing but trouble with these pumps.

Nero 3 - stopped working after a few weeks had to get a replacement. Replacement worked well for like a month now I randomly find it stopped with a blinking red circle. Pump is clean. App sometimes will not connect to it.

Nero 5 - they CONSTANTLY are found not working. Red circle. Sometimes a reboot fixes them other times I have to delete the tank in the app, reset pumps, add them to tank then rebuilt the config.

These pumps causes me more headaches than old jaebo pumps I have. I have called tech support and they dont have good answers that fix this. I clean my pumps with citric acid. I feel like I wasted good money on these.
 
Just want to add my comments about Nero pumps. I have 2 Nero 5 (8months old) and 1 Nero 3 (6 months). I have had nothing but trouble with these pumps.

Nero 3 - stopped working after a few weeks had to get a replacement. Replacement worked well for like a month now I randomly find it stopped with a blinking red circle. Pump is clean. App sometimes will not connect to it.

Nero 5 - they CONSTANTLY are found not working. Red circle. Sometimes a reboot fixes them other times I have to delete the tank in the app, reset pumps, add them to tank then rebuilt the config.

These pumps causes me more headaches than old jaebo pumps I have. I have called tech support and they dont have good answers that fix this. I clean my pumps with citric acid. I feel like I wasted good money on these.
That sucks, I've had great luck with them!
 
Has anybody tried the magnet upgrade kit on 19mm thick glass? if so, how does it hold?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new