Whos got a AI Nero 5 Powerhead?

R33f_Hacker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to add my comments about Nero pumps. I have 2 Nero 5 (8months old) and 1 Nero 3 (6 months). I have had nothing but trouble with these pumps.

Nero 3 - stopped working after a few weeks had to get a replacement. Replacement worked well for like a month now I randomly find it stopped with a blinking red circle. Pump is clean. App sometimes will not connect to it.

Nero 5 - they CONSTANTLY are found not working. Red circle. Sometimes a reboot fixes them other times I have to delete the tank in the app, reset pumps, add them to tank then rebuilt the config.

These pumps causes me more headaches than old jaebo pumps I have. I have called tech support and they dont have good answers that fix this. I clean my pumps with citric acid. I feel like I wasted good money on these.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to add my comments about Nero pumps. I have 2 Nero 5 (8months old) and 1 Nero 3 (6 months). I have had nothing but trouble with these pumps.

Nero 3 - stopped working after a few weeks had to get a replacement. Replacement worked well for like a month now I randomly find it stopped with a blinking red circle. Pump is clean. App sometimes will not connect to it.

Nero 5 - they CONSTANTLY are found not working. Red circle. Sometimes a reboot fixes them other times I have to delete the tank in the app, reset pumps, add them to tank then rebuilt the config.

These pumps causes me more headaches than old jaebo pumps I have. I have called tech support and they dont have good answers that fix this. I clean my pumps with citric acid. I feel like I wasted good money on these.
That sucks, I've had great luck with them!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back