outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turned my lights down a bit
Turning them down a bit fixes nothing.

It does not hurt to try and turn them down a lot, you have strong lights, at 60 and 80% I had no growth with 3w led chips. with 8% I had amazing growth out of my nems

OP
OP
Midasblen

Midasblen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turning them down a bit fixes nothing.

It does not hurt to try and turn them down a lot, you have strong lights, at 60 and 80% I had no growth with 3w led chips. with 8% I had amazing growth out of my nems
My light at peak daytime is 30% should I turn them down more? Will this negatively affect my other corals?

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My light at peak daytime is 30% should I turn them down more? Will this negatively affect my other corals?
30% is pretty low, but no it wont. Unless you have SPS.

All of my LPS is thriving at 8%

try 15% for two weeks and shoot me an message, it wont hurt and you may like the results.

I would have never listened to anyone with similar advise, and yet here I am going from a trashed tank, to a awesome tank. This tank was grown on 8% blue and 1% W

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reef dec 21.jpg

OP
OP
Midasblen

Midasblen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30% is pretty low, but no it wont. Unless you have SPS.

All of my LPS is thriving at 8%

try 15% for two weeks and shoot me an message, it wont hurt and you may like the results.

I would have never listened to anyone with similar advise, and yet here I am going from a trashed tank, to a awesome tank. This tank was grown on 8% blue and 1% W
Hey, it's been a while. My lights have been at 15% for three weeks and I have seen no difference in my anemone. I have also been using the reef ab plus on all my corals including the anemone and there has been no noticeable change. I still don't know what else to do because my water quality is good and I really want a good size anemone, but because mine has not died I have not gotten a new one.

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still don't know what else to do because my water quality is good

There is only 2 possibilities, lights or water. Can you post pics of him?

My lights have been at 15% for three weeks and I have seen no difference in my anemone.
Id give it a little more time, when I had my to high, I could see a difference pretty quick though. Is it staying in the shade?

mine has not died I have not gotten a new one.
Thats a good thing. You have to get a handle on this ones problem, or the next will probably follow.

In the time we last spoke ive had good growth, I tried higher intensity and went back to 8%, I did add 2 UV light bars, which increased a lacking spectrum, but its just more mild light that is helping over spectrum if you asked where id pace my guess as to what is helping. Both of these are bars are not powerful but the blacklight effect is cool before lights shut off.

Back