OP
OP
QuinnLee512

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For what it's worth, the first 2 wrasses, I didn't drip acclimate or match salinity. With the leopard, I was extra careful. I matched salinity. I buy my fishes local. The lfs had gotten him only 2 days prior to me getting him so maybe it was indeed stress.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leopards are tough period. I wouldn't worry too much about that loss, as mentioned they do not transport well at all.

The melanarus and coris, are pretty hardy as far as wrasses go. I would assume you saw them swimming around at the LFS? Happen to see them eat?

Like I said earlier though, could have been sick to begin with, or stress. Hard to say for sure. Nothing you doing sounds wrong.

OP
OP
QuinnLee512

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I have an extra 32 gal DT at the moment. Cycled obviously. Corraline algae all over it. Maybe the next wrasse, I put him in this tank for a week or 2? Then take him through TTM? Think dropping him into this tank would be better than a newly set up 10 gal?

OP
OP
QuinnLee512

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Leopards are tough period. I wouldn't worry too much about that loss, as mentioned they do not transport well at all.

The melanarus and coris, are pretty hardy as far as wrasses go. I would assume you saw them swimming around at the LFS? Happen to see them eat?

Like I said earlier though, could have been sick to begin with, or stress. Hard to say for sure. Nothing you doing sounds wrong.
Yes swimming but wasn't paying attention to whether he was eating.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a bad idea to be quite honest. Get them fat and happy first. Quite a few people QT this way.

make sure they are eating and are not skinny, then put them through a QT protocol.

Adirondackgold

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrasse are tough in QT lost with chemical and lost in TTM but made my last TTM attempt.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back