Why can't tiger hammers or frammers get some love?

TiggerMillions

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think they are pretty cool, and very underappreciated.
IMG_20230202_141451.jpg

Cincyreefer513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard of tiger torches, but not tiger hammers. Is that another name for a purple tip? If so, while not the most vibrant, I really like my purple tip frammer which looks very similar to your hammer.

IMG_20230131_214000869.jpg

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What makes it a tiger? i'm not saying its not, i don't know what makes a tiger torch a tiger either. I have always wondered

OP
OP
TiggerMillions

TiggerMillions

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've heard of tiger torches, but not tiger hammers. Is that another name for a purple tip? If so, while not the most vibrant, I really like my purple tip frammer which looks very similar to your hammer.

IMG_20230131_214000869.jpg
Does urs have stripes? It's not about the color really, it's the pattern.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess the answer would be because most people have no idea what a tiger hammer is, and based on the picture, There's nothing to be impressed by. I just looked in my hammer garden and at least half of mine express the long color transition or "stripping" . It doesn't need a name.

I don't Have any tiger hammers. I have hammers.

OP
OP
TiggerMillions

TiggerMillions

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I guess the answer would be because most people have no idea what a tiger hammer is, and based on the picture, There's nothing to be impressed by. I just looked in my hammer garden and at least half of mine express the long color transition or "stripping" . It doesn't need a name.

Mind sharing some pics? Thanks.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tiger torches are so loosely defined it really means nothing. It isn't a color variant as they come so widely called that. It isn't a pattern or tent length... It's a silly name to up the perceived value.

OP
OP
TiggerMillions

TiggerMillions

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

A trade name helps in terms of distinguishing variations. Impressive or not is in the eyes of the beholder. TBH, if you google hammer corals, most do not exhibit striping. It contradicts your statement about how common it is in your aquarium. It's either ur sample size is small, or you are secretly in love with it without knowing. Why keep them if you are not impressed by them? Quite counterintuitive don't you think?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A trade name helps in terms of distinguishing variations. Impressive or not is in the eyes of the beholder. TBH, if you google hammer corals, most do not exhibit striping. It contradicts your statement about how common it is in your aquarium. It's either ur sample size is small, or you are secretly in love with it without knowing. Why keep them if you are not impressed by them? Quite counterintuitive don't you think?
You're getting me wrong. I don't find a long color transition to be aesthetically pleasing or desirable on a hammer. I've never cared to look for it, and now that I've seen what has been given a name, it's still equally unimpressive. My hammers inflate enough that you're not seeing the lower two thirds anyways 90% of the time.

OP
OP
TiggerMillions

TiggerMillions

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tiger torches are so loosely defined it really means nothing. It isn't a color variant as they come so widely called that. It isn't a pattern or tent length... It's a silly name to up the perceived value.
This isn't a post regarding the value, not a word regarding value in my posts. Appreciation can be in a form of posting as I did because I find them interesting. I don't get your attitude toward my response.

OP
OP
TiggerMillions

TiggerMillions

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You're getting me wrong. I don't find a long color transition to be aesthetically pleasing or desirable on a hammer. I've never cared to look for it, and now that I've seen what has been given a name, it's still equally unimpressive. My hammers inflate enough that you're not seeing the lower two thirds anyways 90% of the time.
As you can see, stripes originate from the top.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't a post regarding the value, not a word regarding value in my posts. Appreciation can be in a form of posting as I did because I find them interesting. I don't get your attitude toward my response.
You, OP Asked why they don't get any love, right? That was my answer. There's nothing really to love there, on top of a normal hammer. There is no attitude. Sorry I'm not jumping on the bandwagon.

Cincyreefer513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stripes in the mouth area? Yes, some are really striking comparatively speaking. Bright green within the light green and purple.
No stripes on the tentacles though. I don't have a good overhead photo, but this was taken about 3 weeks ago and doesn't really show the mouth stripes much at all. It's huge for 2 heads and the $26 price tag made me pick it up.

IMG_20230109_204407823.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back