Why does my FEDEX driver have to suck????

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had several problems with getting packages to my shop on time!

Did a Big trade with a Member around $1000-$1200 worth of frags. We both shipped Fedex priorty overnight by 10:30am..He got his Box around 10am and mine is still on the truck! Called Fexed 4 diffrent times trying to get it worked out.(each time new story)..said it would be hear in 20 min and that was 40min ago...its 98 in baltimore today...Just my luck!

sorry ,just venting!

Pray that all my frags are ok!!!

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least it's coming the correct day. I shipped out 4 packages on Monday and only one made it on time, the others arrived today. All were shipped to areas in 89* weather and one box contained a frag of My Miami... fortunately I know 2 of 3 are fine, I haven't heard from the 3rd guy...

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always have my packages delivered to the closest FedEx Office address. Its a bit more of a pita to have to go and get but I can pick it up earlier if I want, there is no sitting in a truck or being left on my doorstep in hot or cold weather. Its the safest option imo and I would recommend it :)

and FedEx is not even the worst carrier, lol

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya tell me about it..... i always..always get my packages that r suppose 2 arrive in the am, around 4.......

and i recently used ups to ship 16 frags of all types recently and it arrived 2 them around lunch and everything was perfectly fine

barbianj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks, I hate waiting when it's a live package. FedEx is usually pretty good by me, but I was waiting for a Blue Face angel in the winter, didn't know it arrived until I checked online. The guy left it in the snow on the porch and never rang the bell. I was sitting in the next room waiting for it.

Also, ordered some Marco rocks two weeks ago. Shipment had a delivery exception stating that the package was damaged. I sent them an e-mail saying, come on, they're just rocks, just send 'em anyway. Turned out the trailer they were in burned to the ground. At least I didn't lose anything living.

OP
OP
Emoney

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE!

corals are here! all seem to be well, except for one or two corals! Items were packaged VERY well..(thanks Frank)..Figures Fedex drive was a replacment and was SUPER cute!..lol

fenderguy1

Prop/Shipping Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always have my packages delivered to the closest FedEx Office address. Its a bit more of a pita to have to go and get but I can pick it up earlier if I want, there is no sitting in a truck or being left on my doorstep in hot or cold weather. Its the safest option imo and I would recommend it :)

and FedEx is not even the worst carrier, lol

+1 If you have problems with getting a delivery by 10:30 you should check if you even get the 10:30 guarantee. Alot of towns/citys that are far from the station do not qualify for the 10:30 del time.

OP
OP
Emoney

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New driver...Old one was about the same...so next time ill just pick up at FEDEX...Great idea guys! thanks for all the help !

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 If you have problems with getting a delivery by 10:30 you should check if you even get the 10:30 guarantee. Alot of towns/citys that are far from the station do not qualify for the 10:30 del time.

i hardly get anything by 10:30 from fedex
everything leaves their place at the same time and i have had 2 right at 10:30 everything else is typically noon.
and almost every box is smashed in some way

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE!

corals are here! all seem to be well, except for one or two corals! Items were packaged VERY well..(thanks Frank)..Figures Fedex drive was a replacment and was SUPER cute!..lol

You are very welcome! It was a very nice experience trading with you. I hope those two frags will recover back soon. :bigsmile:

OP
OP
Emoney

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks frank! Hope all z's and p's do Great for you!! Was fun! Hope to do another trade when your ready to cut that CRAZY rainbow chalice!!! :bigsmile:

You are very welcome! It was a very nice experience trading with you. I hope those two frags will recover back soon. :bigsmile:

whip1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol you thought the fedex guy was cute??

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back