OP
OP
D. Torres

D. Torres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man, those lights make me want to punch kittens. So many people have them and so many people have trouble with BTAs under them.

Your little guy who isn't doing well, is that rock he is on movable? If so any chance you can move him a little towards the center of the tank more?

Actually it is movable. Should I move it higher in the tank as well about the same height as my other one?

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving it's rock is going to increase the likelihood it's going to go for a walk about.

Those lights are notorious for having poor penetration. Something like 120ish par at 6" below the water. I've seen so many questions about them I legit have that memorized.

Honestly I think you're kind of between a rock and a hard place here because you're going to need a way to get it more light. Up, over, a combination of both...etc. Without a PAR meter it's really hard to know exactly, but I think moving it from where it's at is your best course of action forward at this point.

OP
OP
D. Torres

D. Torres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving it's rock is going to increase the likelihood it's going to go for a walk about.

Those lights are notorious for having poor penetration. Something like 120ish par at 6" below the water. I've seen so many questions about them I legit have that memorized.

Honestly I think you're kind of between a rock and a hard place here because you're going to need a way to get it more light. Up, over, a combination of both...etc. Without a PAR meter it's really hard to know exactly, but I think moving it from where it's at is your best course of action forward at this point.

Ok I'll give it a shot. Maybe I can ask someone in my local reefing group on Facebook if they have a par reader so I can at least know what my lighting situation is like.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back