Why is my coral seemingly dying?

zlong64

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! First, can someone tell me the name of this coral? Someone bought it for me and I’m not exactly sure what it is.

Secondly, it seemed to be doing good when I first put it in my tank, but now it looks like it is dying off. I have a 100 gallon tank and it is in the sand at the bottom. It looked like it was getting enough airflow to me, so I’m not sure if that is the issue.

IMG_9353.jpeg
 
Looks like it could be some kind of Torch. It too unhappy in that photo to really tell. As for the issue, I’ll save you the headache of waiting for people to tell you your tank looks new and post your prams, and just take a guess at the problem. My official guess is lord Cthulhu is not pleased with the alignment of your tank. You need to re-orient the front of it to face his sacred Temple of Skulls.
 
If it is indeed a torch it needs moderate light and flow. It needs moved up off the sandbed. Not knowing your lights / par or flow I would start about halfway.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new