Why is my GSP closed

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8426.jpeg

Is there a reason my GSP is closed! It’s not as open as it used to be and all my parameters are the same! I check like almost every other day and nothing is changed!

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks like you have a bit of vermetidae snails.
When they feed they excete like this nasty mucus which most corals do not appreciate.

But like TX states, we need to know chemistry more, and possibly what other corals are near it.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My GSP is one of my most temperamental corals. Let’s me know early on if anything has changed in the tank. If it’s closed, I tend to test and observe. Same with duncans very good canary in the coal mine type Coral for changes in chemistry or lighting.

OP
OP
jpshoemaker46

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My GSP is one of my most temperamental corals. Let’s me know early on if anything has changed in the tank. If it’s closed, I tend to test and observe. Same with duncans very good canary in the coal mine type Coral for changes in chemistry or lighting.
My Duncan is open and is fine that’s why it’s weird

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i always try to snap the snails off at the base with tweezers unless they are just cluttered with it.

If they are, they go in a frag tank with a bunch of bumble bee snails for them to go nom nom nom on.

OP
OP
jpshoemaker46

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i always try to snap the snails off at the base with tweezers unless they are just cluttered with it.

If they are, they go in a frag tank with a bunch of bumble bee snails for them to go nom nom nom on.
Don’t have a sump I’m just gonna give them to the birds outside :grinning-face-with-sweat: Hopefukly I don’t have that much! My GSP won’t be happy for awhile as I’m gonna be messing with it…

OP
OP
jpshoemaker46

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP is called WEED along with Xenia's for a reason.

You need to try to kill it, or just ignore it, otherwise its one of the corals many do not like because it creeps and spreads all over the place that isn't sanded off.
I want it to grow right now and fill the back of the tank!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want it to grow right now and fill the back of the tank!
Doing the same here. Funny how people call it a weed. For years I couldn't even keep the stuff alive. This tank will be coming down and the GSP going in the new tank. I'm going to try and grow it in the bottom so it looks like ocean grass. I really love the bright green.
PXL_20240308_180525071.jpg

OP
OP
jpshoemaker46

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing the same here. Funny how people call it a weed. For years I couldn't even keep the stuff alive. This tank will be coming down and the GSP going in the new tank. I'm going to try and grow it in the bottom so it looks like ocean grass. I really love the bright green.
Love it!!!

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could never keep it alive either, lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back