Why was the Reefkeeper Lite Discontinued?!

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If what you want is monitoring.

a seneye goes a long way.

pH
Temperature
Ammonia
Par

all for $199 and relatively inexpensive slides:

the upcoming seneye coral will include alkalinity as well.

salinity and orp get a little “nice to know” pretty quickly. All of the salinity probes are bit inaccurate over time. And unless you are using ozone, there is no real world applications of an orp reading. One thriving tank will have 310 another 460 no issues on either tank.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

pH
Temperature
Ammonia
Par

salinity and orp get a little “nice to know” pretty quickly. All of the salinity probes are bit inaccurate over time. And unless you are using ozone, there is no real world applications of an orp reading. One thriving tank will have 310 another 460 no issues on either tank.
I agree...and that's why it's the only one on my list still. i don't think I trust salinity probes enough to even report though. Cause me more worry than help I think. I'd probably use the level detector (it has one right) in the ATO or maybe the pump chamber?!! Hadn't thought that far down the road.

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

pH
Temperature
Ammonia
Par

considered seneye with standalone ORP Co troller . Am running ozone for a 650 fowlr.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree...and that's why it's the only one on my list still. i don't think I trust salinity probes enough to even report though. Cause me more worry than help I think. I'd probably use the level detector (it has one right) in the ATO or maybe the pump chamber?!! Hadn't thought that far down the road.
I still use an ato secondary to my controller(profilux 4).

it has a very short timer, no issue over filling. Can fail off, but someone would be home before this became an issue.

vegastyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use an Inkbird temp controller and 2 power strips, with 6 outlets each with wifi android control of on/off timing for lights, power heads and pump, and a wifi doser.

JT2418

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People still sell a good bit of reef keeper stuff on here. It goes fast too

bdare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But therein lies my point and frustration.

For 120 dollars.... i could have had the reefkeeper lite... which would have been fine for my needs. Every other option I'm looking at is at least triple that cost. Ridiculous!

However, I do appreciate the suggestions! As I may still get one some day...
I have a buddy who is upgrading from a RK Lite to a GHL controller. He might be willing to sell his?

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

pH
Temperature
Ammonia
Par

I have a Seneye that I use for PAR and it's great, but the issue with it as a monitor is you either have to have a Windows computer of some kind close to your tank, or you need their absurdly expensive web server. The web server is $279. $469 if you buy the combo pack. At that point you may as well buy an Apex.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Hydros might be something to look at

OP
OP
Seanybaggs123

Seanybaggs123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydros are definitely my first choice of what’s available, but coral vue said they won’t be available until the end of the 1st quarter of 2020. Additionally, pricing isn’t available yet for leak sensors (point or rope), or flow meters...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back