Why would UPS steal SAND?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh.

I just picked up a two box @Bulk Reef Supply order that was delivered to my building’s locker delivery system, supposedly fufilled by UPS.

First box which had Selcon, Vita-Chem and a Flipper Edge was perfectly fine. Second box that had a 20lb bag of CaribSea Special Grade Sand was empty! Someone in the delivery chain cut the tape in the box, took the bag of sand out and actually delivered the empty box!

Now, I’ve had this exact same thing happen before with an Amazon package delivered by LaserShip/Ontrac, but would expect UPS to be far more trustworthy (of course, unless they’re using one of these services for last-mile delivery). I’ve since stopped buying on Amazon and refuse to give my money to any online vendor that has LaserShip/Ontrac as part of their last-mile delivery efforts.

About to open an RMS, but I have doubts whether BRS will honor the stolen item.

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened! I'll be sending you a PM to get some information so we can help you out as we want to ensure you get what you ordered and will work with UPS on your behalf for the package not arriving in tact with the items inside.

OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sorry to hear that this has happened! I'll be sending you a PM to get some information so we can help you out as we want to ensure you get what you ordered and will work with UPS on your behalf for the package not arriving in tact with the items inside.

Thanks very much! Received your PM and responded.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
figured it was as easy as that, never had a problem with you all making things right! good ppl's

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those were probably returned and resold by Amazon.
It is highly unusual for Amazon to resell anything. That is why you see so many pallets of returned items being sold. They don't even look in the box, just stick it on a pallet. When the pallet is full, the wrap it and offer it for sale as is, usually by auction. It's a mish mash of different things. Those that are aware of Amazon's policy, and are very lowlife, often return the package with something of a similar weight, but not the item purchased. People who bid on the pallet and are successful relate they often open packages with rocks, old books, all kinds of junk in them. The only exception is expensive electronic stuff like TV's, Kindles, etc. Things like TV's that ship direct from the seller are returned to the seller to be checked. I've received packages partially open. I take pictures or if I am home, I refuse the shipment. Especially on a heavily damaged box. I received aquarium lighting systems where it looked like someone did a jump from 5 feet onto it. I've learned not to even accept those problems right from the start!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back