Widgetlords Controller - Node-Red, Raspberry Pi Controller Build

hey, heads up on that Pimoni Fan SHIM in the even that you were considering one. Mine is already making noise. I removed it today. kind of far to send it all the way back to the UK for a replacement. I'll contact them to see what the options are.... It really should have lasted longer than 2 months of extremely light use.
Thanks for the heads up! I haven't ordered one yet as my temps have been manageable.
 
Dashboard is coming together! All outlets/relays/analog are working. Still need to figure out how to display the analog inputs...what do you think, chart/gauge/text or combination?

1591048618608.png
 
Logic is functional! This allows for javascript coding per outlet for maximum configuration possibilities. This is passed to a global function every 3 seconds to process the JS to determine true/false/int state of outlet.


1591418466440.png
 
FYI, the Widgetlords 2x4MIO module has a minor issue with the libwidgetlords library which causes both channels to only ready channel 1 input. Not a hardware issue, simply a fudged number in the code.

Pull request has been pushed to solve this issue, hopefully they merge the fix sometime soon.

https://github.com/widgetlords/libwidgetlords/pull/4
 
Last edited:
I know right?

That last image looks just like an Apex screen...?
Yes, it looks similar to Apex, but functionally different on many level. I have a few ideas on how to improve the outlet/switches but haven’t had the time to code it.
 
Stellar progress. Pushing the multi plug supports upstream will help every user . Kudos :-)
 
Although not directly related to the controller, the light will need to interface with it. About a year ago, I purchased a custom six-puck Nanobox Reef fixture for this build, however upon receiving it the build/wiring wasn't exactly what I wanted. So, I've torn it apart and plan to rebuild it with the drivers integrated into the housing. The LDD drivers on the original fixture would be too big so I had to go another route.

I've since ordered a pair of 5-channel LED drivers to run a DIY Nanobox fixture. These will integrate with the controller via MQTT utilizing an on-board ESP8266 wifi chip. This also offers an HTML front end for direct control...kinda cool. Code is all open-source and available on Github.

1592332289955.png


1592332740104.png


https://www.tindie.com/products/a_lab_technology/wifi-5ch-48v-constant-current-led-driver/
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new