OP
MaddyP

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey, heads up on that Pimoni Fan SHIM in the even that you were considering one. Mine is already making noise. I removed it today. kind of far to send it all the way back to the UK for a replacement. I'll contact them to see what the options are.... It really should have lasted longer than 2 months of extremely light use.
Thanks for the heads up! I haven't ordered one yet as my temps have been manageable.

OP
OP
MaddyP

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dashboard is coming together! All outlets/relays/analog are working. Still need to figure out how to display the analog inputs...what do you think, chart/gauge/text or combination?

1591048618608.png

OP
OP
MaddyP

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
MaddyP

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Logic is functional! This allows for javascript coding per outlet for maximum configuration possibilities. This is passed to a global function every 3 seconds to process the JS to determine true/false/int state of outlet.

1591418466440.png

OP
OP
MaddyP

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
MaddyP

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know right?

That last image looks just like an Apex screen...?
Yes, it looks similar to Apex, but functionally different on many level. I have a few ideas on how to improve the outlet/switches but haven’t had the time to code it.

OP
OP
MaddyP

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although not directly related to the controller, the light will need to interface with it. About a year ago, I purchased a custom six-puck Nanobox Reef fixture for this build, however upon receiving it the build/wiring wasn't exactly what I wanted. So, I've torn it apart and plan to rebuild it with the drivers integrated into the housing. The LDD drivers on the original fixture would be too big so I had to go another route.

I've since ordered a pair of 5-channel LED drivers to run a DIY Nanobox fixture. These will integrate with the controller via MQTT utilizing an on-board ESP8266 wifi chip. This also offers an HTML front end for direct control...kinda cool. Code is all open-source and available on Github.

1592332289955.png

1592332740104.png

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back