Wild Tenuis placement

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This frag was mounted in the 180-200 range. I would't try to be so specific in actual par range or numbers........Just view the tank levels as 3 levels ------low, medium, high. Mount the coral and let it tell you how it likes it in color and growth.

If it's wild, initial placement will depend on how it looks when you get it in. Anything that has pale colors or a light tan appearance I'd put low at first.

orange passion frag 120215.JPG

orange passion 12617 .JPG
Orange Passion R 100218.jpg

Upvote 0

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This frag was mounted in the 180-200 range. I would't try to be so specific in actual par range or numbers........Just view the tank levels as 3 levels ------low, medium, high. Mount the coral and let it tell you how it likes it in color and growth.

@Big E how long in between are these pics?

Upvote 0

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's hard make a growth comparison from those photos as I cut a full colony worth of frags between some of those pictures.

This is a better comparison as it was untouched. This is 7 months of growth without fragging the coral. Second pic it was 3" tall.

orange passion 1111515.JPG
orange passion 060716.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mann_Cave_Corals

Mann_Cave_Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If it's wild, initial placement will depend on how it looks when you get it in. Anything that has pale colors or a light tan appearance I'd put low at first.

That piece looks amazing .. The piece I have did come kind of pale. So I will leave it where it is and see what happens. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ed - What is this piece?

Upvote 0

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard make a growth comparison from those photos as I cut a full colony worth of frags between some of those pictures.

This is a better comparison as it was untouched. This is 7 months of growth without fragging the coral. Second pic it was 3" tall.

orange passion 1111515.JPG
orange passion 060716.JPG
Wow! I know this is a tenuis and not an Echinata, but it reminds me of the Aquascene Ice Fire, but with bright orange polyps.

Upvote 0

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ed - What is this piece?
Sexy Corals Orange Passion

It's by far the nicest of the Orange Passion morphs due to the true orange polyps. I've always gotten comments from visitors when it's viewed in person.

Wow! I know this is a tenuis and not an Echinata, but it reminds me of the Aquascene Ice Fire, but with bright orange polyps.

It kinda grew weird like an echinata at first due to the flow in that area........more up than branching out into a corymbose shape.

Upvote 0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back