WildAquatics SPS Journey

savoyard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was sold to me as wwc pink panther but doesn't seem to have the colors yet. Very nice acro either way
cef88da828798ff699fec80cd9c699aa.jpg

It looks a lot like ARC Fireworks to me.

OP
OP
Bnagle

Bnagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More December 2019 pics:

Kung Pao
IMG_0553.JPG

Walt Disney
IMG_0561.JPG

TSA Blooming Rose
IMG_0546.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bnagle

Bnagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral pics...
CRAZY Walt Disney
IMG_0542.JPG
Princess Peach
IMG_0536.JPG
RR Pink Cadillac
IMG_0538.JPG

OP
OP
Bnagle

Bnagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For more pics of my tank, follow my IG @wildaquatics23

OP
OP
Bnagle

Bnagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full tank shot that I took tonight under the blues. I don't post as many FTS as I would like to but I will definitely try to update you guys more often on those.
In addition, I am currently in the process of organizing my fish room behind the tank to make everything look cleaner so I will be sure to post some "behind the scenes" pics in the coming weeks.
As long as I have been in the hobby, I have always wanted to create an active forum thread, where I'm updating you all and I have people following along with my tank build, commenting on different things. Therefore, I am going to try to update you guys more often so we can create some conversation in here!
Anyway, below is the FTS under some nice blues

IMG_1603.JPG

mr.salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following you on Instagram but had to stop by and leave a comment. Amazing tank and corals and growth. Looking forward to seeing everything mature

OP
OP
Bnagle

Bnagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BIG Update:
The day before getting home from my vacation last weekend, I got a text from Apex, alerting me that there was a water leak behind the tank in the fish room. After checking the cameras and noticing a bunch of water on the floor, I texted my buddy to go over and find the source of the leak and hopefully solve the issue.

Long story short, the water on the floor came from either a leak in the seam of the frag tank or because the overflow box/pvc drain pipe on the frag tank literally clogged for a couple minutes.

Just to be overly cautious, I asked him to tear down the entire tank, siphon out all the water, and move all the corals and fish into the display tank.

So he was kind enough to take on the task: Pics below
IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_5642.JPEG

I got home the next day and immediately checked up on everything, making sure my salinity and all parameters were in check, while organizing like the 50 frags that my buddy had put into the display from the frag tank.

So this is what the tank looks like now: A little messy and packed with corals but it's only temporary...
IMG_1994.JPG

I then ordered a brand new frag tank from Advanced Acrylics
Dimensions: 36"x20"x10"
Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 10.51.24 PM.png

I'm excited to get this bad boy up and running again in a couple weeks. Will keep you guys updated.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking corals. And really good growth. I saved a few to my want files lol. You need a cornbread melificent acro. It's really nice and would fit in your system well.

How are you liking the ecotech peristalic pump? Any reason you replaced the kamoer? I currently run the kamoer and love it.

OP
OP
Bnagle

Bnagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason why you’ve replaced the kamoer?

No reasoning really besides the fact that I just like Ecotech's products and wanted to try out a different pump. The Kamoer was working well

OP
OP
Bnagle

Bnagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking corals. And really good growth. I saved a few to my want files lol. You need a cornbread melificent acro. It's really nice and would fit in your system well.

How are you liking the ecotech peristalic pump? Any reason you replaced the kamoer? I currently run the kamoer and love it.

Thanks, I really appreciate that. I'm liking the new Versa a lot currently, nothing at all against the Kamoer

OP
OP
Bnagle

Bnagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HUGE UPDATE:
I feel like I haven't really shown you guys my fish room yet so I thought I would share a bunch of photos to run you through the whole setup.

Below are pics of my water change system.
Left container: Saltwater Mixing Container (105 gallons)
Right Container: RO/DI Water (65 Gallons)
IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg
IMG_2544.jpg

The clear vinyl tubing in the pic below travels upward along the ceiling and goes into the sump. This allows us to do water changes: Turn that valve and saltwater enters tank
IMG_2546.jpg

Back