Will a Randall's Goby find the Pistol Shrimp?

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brought a Randall's and a tiny Pistol home today. Acclimated them together, made a nice cave in the front for them, added them to the tank and right into the cave - perfect. Turned my back and couldn't find the goby, move a rock and spooked the goby from right where he was supposed to be. shrimp stayed put and I heard the tell-tale pop of the shrimp not long after. Can't find the goby now.

Tank is 230 gallon. Will the goby come back for the shrimp or did I ruin my shot at pairing them in an easy to find spot?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brought a Randall's and a tiny Pistol home today. Acclimated them together, made a nice cave in the front for them, added them to the tank and right into the cave - perfect. Turned my back and couldn't find the goby, move a rock and spooked the goby from right where he was supposed to be. shrimp stayed put and I heard the tell-tale pop of the shrimp not long after. Can't find the goby now.

Tank is 230 gallon. Will the goby come back for the shrimp or did I ruin my shot at pairing them in an easy to find spot?
Yeah they will be good. Ive got two pistol/goby pairs in my tank. They find each other very fast

Dfrashid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I also did the same thing but I didn’t have a perch or anything ready for them I’m on my I put them in the tank. They both disappeared. Now I’m scared my serpentine star may have ate them or something. IMG_7673.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%
Back