SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 17, Members: 12, Guests: 5)

cubsfan16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone ammonia dosing? Looking to switch over from Nitrate dosing...Amazon delivered my ammonium bicarbonate today and was planning on mixing up my solution and giving it a go (starting very slow).

6t4nova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Agree a mixing station with an ato to your tank, so valuable
Hmm now you got me thinking… I could put my new RODI tank on the wall in the garage closest to my tank inside. Drill a small hole and run an ATO line to my sump.

I was going to use the 100 gal vertical tank for RO and then mix salt in a 50 gal drum I have.

As an added bonus, when I just picked the tank up the guy used to run a live rock business and gave me a box of orange instant ocean salt. Bummer is that I’ve been buying RPM salt water so the IO salt isn’t much good for me.

Not bad for $135

Attachments

• IMG_2432.jpeg
    IMG_2432.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 11

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm now you got me thinking… I could put my new RODI tank on the wall in the garage closest to my tank inside. Drill a small hole and run an ATO line to my sump.

I was going to use the 100 gal vertical tank for RO and then mix salt in a 50 gal drum I have.

As an added bonus, when I just picked the tank up the guy used to run a live rock business and gave me a box of orange instant ocean salt. Bummer is that I’ve been buying RPM salt water so the IO salt isn’t much good for me.

Not bad for $135
Yep and you can put an ATO in your first chamber to always fill your first bin. Hehe

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Not bad for $135
Sounds like a solid plan.

You could always mix small amounts, 25% IO in with your current salt. Wouldn't make that big of a difference.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Not bad for $135
That's a steal. I'm looking for one like that locally.

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Not bad for $135
That is what I did... I got all my supplies from BRS. Set up RODI filter downstairs from bathroom water supply. Fills brute trashcan with fresh rodi. I drilled the brute for pvc pipe and added a valve... set up right at a 5g bucket height. Super convenient to get water in 5g buckets. I also keep cheap salt at hand, such as IO salt for QT set up. No need to waste money on expensive salt to medicate, dip etc... I purchased 20ft roll of rodi line and drilled a hole at my central ac vent (that way I didn't have to drill my hardwood floor...) passed the rodi line directly to my DT. I do have an 15g ATO reservoir in my stand under the tank... hooked up a rodi flood guardian there... plugged into my apex. Every day my flood guard goes off and on, refills my ATO reservoir directly from my RODI.. set up is worth it to save the headache of it in the long run.

banik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 24k, need a bright yellow
Ha, evidently a partial response was included there.

I was going to say my 24k is more gold/yellow than my 99 bananas. The 24k was in a friend's tank since the January sale and the 99 bananas is from the recent sale, but still, not what I was expecting.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ha, evidently a partial response was included there.

I was going to say my 24k is more gold/yellow than my 99 bananas. The 24k was in a friend's tank since the January sale and the 99 bananas is from the recent sale, but still, not what I was expecting.
Interesting, my 24k is definitely more orange/gold tentacles. Maybe it is a lighting thing.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.2%
Back