Will coral dip kill Berghia

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charley75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Charley75

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2019
Messages
426
Reaction score
90
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the midst of a tank upgrade, but have aptasia and flatworms in old tank. I just added some Berghia to the tank for the aptasia. The plan for the flatworms is to dip all the rock and coral while moving to new tank. However, I obviously don’t want to kill the Berghia. Anyone know if coral dip will hurt them?
 
it depends what coral dip you are using. If it's just the seachem coral dip, that's basically just iodine, and won't kill berghia or many pests at all. If you want to kill flatworms, I think you have to use a pesticide based dip, and I would expect a product like that to kill berghia.
 
The dip in planning to use is Coral RX coral dip.
 
Coral Rx would likely kill berghia, I do not think it is formulated to differentiate between berghia and the other nudibranchs it claims to kill. You can quite easily locate and remove most of the berghia to avoid dipping them, I'd think.
 
They are just going to show up in the new tank too. It's inevitable. Are you worried about killing off the beneficial bacteria on your seasoned rocks too by chemical dipping? Just get a utilitarian fish like a 6 line and no more flatworms. Berghia will help eventually if they populate the new tank.
 
I’ve tried EVERY freakin fish suggested and none of them even touch the flatworms. As far as dipping the rock goes….is there anything that would be effective and safe?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new