Will doing TTM, prazi and CP treat ALL fish diseases ??

sensei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my last experience, fish died due to velvet 7 weeks after I recieved them.
I did TTM with prazi and 7 weeks later Boom... velvet shows!
I did not treat for velvet that time.

As you know LFS ussually have fish with low copper concetration which inhibits diseases for some time even after fish is in water with no copper.

I am treating a lopezi tang, I did TTM and prazi and now I am doing CP at 45mg/g for 30 days.

Will this qt protocol treat all fish diseases??

after I finish the 30 day CP treatment I am not sure how much time should I observe?

I am not sure if after treating with CP a disease could show after a long time like it háppened to my last time with velvet?

thanks a lot

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TTM _only_ works against ich. (There is a TTM protocol for velvet, but it's very labor-intensive, and pretty much nobody even goes there.)

CP should work against ich _and_ velvet, and possibly Uronema. If you're using CP, TTM becomes redundant.

Prazi-Pro or General Cure (Praziquantel + Metronidazole) should work against flukes when dosed into the water, General Cure can work well in food, used with Seachem Focus, against internal parasites.

Bacterial infections could show their faces, in which case you'll want a good broad-spectrum antibiotic/s.

Your list won't cure _everything_ (there's always a new disease...), but it'll sure take out most of the "usual suspects".

After CP, two to four weeks of observation should have you covered. Velvet _shouldn't_ rear its head again, though I've read that excessive bio-film in the QT can degrade the stuff, prematurely reducing its effectiveness.

~Bruce

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back