Will i regret getting an AIO?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cba191
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Have you check with your LFS to see if they can order reef ready Seapora tanks? They will be a lot cheaper than the brands you are seeing online. They come with rims or rimless. low iron or regular glass. The more "features" the higher the price ofc.
 
Have you check with your LFS to see if they can order reef ready Seapora tanks? They will be a lot cheaper than the brands you are seeing online. They come with rims or rimless. low iron or regular glass. The more "features" the higher the price ofc.
I believe the company that manufactures them is the same company who manufactured deep blue aquariums. Seapora have lots of positive ratings. 2 thumbs in my book.
 
Has anyone here used advanced acrylics? They have a 90g peninsula for a grand. I just need to come up with a stand.
I've only had small acrylic tanks. They scratch easier in my experience. I have not used advanced acrylics so I can't really answer that.
 
Have you check with your LFS to see if they can order reef ready Seapora tanks? They will be a lot cheaper than the brands you are seeing online. They come with rims or rimless. low iron or regular glass. The more "features" the higher the price ofc.
But he wants no sump, reef ready are drilled.
 
seapora 59218 is the exact size without drilled holes
 
Has anyone here used advanced acrylics? They have a 90g peninsula for a grand. I just need to come up with a stand.
I have a custom Advanced Acrylics AIO tank. The details are in the first post of my build thread if you’re interested in checking it out.
To quickly summarize my experience.

The good.
I love my tank and the design process went well, I ended up with exactly what I wanted.

Things I wish I’d changed.
Only regret was agreeing to 3/4 acrylic. It was offered at no additional charge and I just said yes without thinking it through. 3/4” wasn’t really necessary and it affects anything you want to but that attached to the tank with a magnet. 1/2” would have made things much easier.
I also should have made the cord pass through a a little larger in the top bracing, 1.5” instead of 1”.

The Bad.
Once John gets a deposit out of you the communication goes right out the window. A 4-6 week build timeframe ended up taking 4 months and he will ignore your calls and texts for as long as he can get away with it. Absolutely terrible to deal with after he has your money. I had to repeatedly threaten him with a credit card dispute to get him to do anything. 3 months of stress trying to get my tank finished and shipped.

TLDR/
Great tank, got exactly what I wanted and designed.
Horrible communication and delays. Very stressful experience that certainly didn’t need to be.

Good luck if you decide to go there. Never again for me.
 
I have a custom Advanced Acrylics AIO tank. The details are in the first post of my build thread if you’re interested in checking it out.
To quickly summarize my experience.

The good.
I love my tank and the design process went well, I ended up with exactly what I wanted.

Things I wish I’d changed.
Only regret was agreeing to 3/4 acrylic. It was offered at no additional charge and I just said yes without thinking it through. 3/4” wasn’t really necessary and it affects anything you want to but that attached to the tank with a magnet. 1/2” would have made things much easier.
I also should have made the cord pass through a a little larger in the top bracing, 1.5” instead of 1”.

The Bad.
Once John gets a deposit out of you the communication goes right out the window. A 4-6 week build timeframe ended up taking 4 months and he will ignore your calls and texts for as long as he can get away with it. Absolutely terrible to deal with after he has your money. I had to repeatedly threaten him with a credit card dispute to get him to do anything. 3 months of stress trying to get my tank finished and shipped.

TLDR/
Great tank, got exactly what I wanted and designed.
Horrible communication and delays. Very stressful experience that certainly didn’t need to be.

Good luck if you decide to go there. Never again for me.
That answers that question. Lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new