Will my light kill my frag and BTA?

Spark326

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been using this light for the past 2 weeks and everything seems fine in my 10g tank.. (see image with light description)
I really want to get a BTA for my clownfish but am already over budget and wouldn’t be able to afford another light :(
Will the BTA and my frag eventually die under this light?
Are there other cheaper alternatives to T5 and the other well known lights? Anything under $40?

A5821DF6-3BB4-44DA-9A24-689DFB975753.jpeg 72C5FDFD-3E16-4BBB-9458-0BBF1533A07D.png

Chefwheredyougo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you from experience that that light won't for the nem. My black box took a crap on me and it's all I had around. Looked like crap the next light cycle and I had to spend the money to get a new light. Your best bet for that kind of money is a USED chinese black box. Or you can save up about 120 and get a brand new one.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed but I put one in my new set up after a couple months if you're experienced in reading it's possible if newer if give tank time to adjust

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those zoanthids? It's hard to tell from the picture. If so, they will survive, but will not be happy with that light. Save your money up and get a black box LED or buy something used. You might be able to find something in a T5, but bulb replacements will quickly drive the price way above your target. Local forums or craigslist will be your best bet for finding something used.

I certainly would not add anything else until you've upgraded what you have.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back