Will my tank be ok?

My120gmixed

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2017
Messages
9
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gallon mixed tank with sps and soft coral. Everything doing fine! Today we go on a 2 week vacation to Italy. We have really good people taking care of our tank so I'm not worried. This morning I fed a ton of mysis and added a few gallons of water just to be safe for the trip. Anyways after that the skimmer went wild and was overflowing left and right so I had to turn it off. I've heard that it was actually beneficial to leave the skimmer off during vacation, especially since the tank won't be fed nearly as often, but will it be fine if I just did a huge feeding? I think my hermits will get everything but I really do want to make sure! Thanks!
 
First of all, welcome to R2R. I've always left my skimmer on while away, others may a different opinion. My goal is to to change anything before leaving. It may help to take a quick look at the article below. Lastly, enjoy your trip.

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/vacation-time.67/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new