Will Nephthea and GSP share a rock nicely?

Modge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello - I’ve been concerned after researching GSP that I made a mistake putting these 2 rocks together - see photo.

So far the Nephthea branches appear to push back and suppress my GSPs, but I’m afraid the GSP will run around the back and start climbing the trunk - eventually smothering out the Nephthea.

I really liked the concept when I placed them together - sort of tree growing amid the green grass. If the GSP moves up on the trunk, would I be able to peel it back and maintain these two colonies together?

IMG_7990.jpeg IMG_7989.jpeg

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had my gsp grow up any of the leathers in my tanks. It choked out zoas and caused problems with anything else encrusting but not them. Maybe just luck though

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had my gsp grow up any of the leathers in my tanks. It choked out zoas and caused problems with anything else encrusting but not them. Maybe just luck though
Same here. Never had an issue with GSP and leathers, or other softies with a stalk. The stalk is too slimy for it to get a grip and grow, so just grows around it and not up it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back