Will Planted Plus LED fixture Grow some corals

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ubans13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ubans13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2016
Messages
421
Reaction score
270
Location
Philadelphia, Pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a planted plus LED light fixture for a planted tank. I know sps corals and other take a high par rating. I was wondering if I could get away with this light with some low light corals until I was able and ready to upgrade?
 
Being that in order to grow plants u need a light that can provide the spectrum needed for the plant to be able to photosynthesize so if this life get can grow plants u shouldn't have a problem with growing corals but it's better to go with lower light needing coral until u get professional thoughts on this matter
 
The light should work for low light corals but with it set to a spectrum to grow plants you could run into an algae problem.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new