Will Red Sea do this?

Trent H

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to buy a red sea reefer 250 in your opinion will Red Sea come out with a new sump with their new integrated mat roller?? Should I wait until the spring to see? Not really in a hurry to purchase a tank because it will be my first so I still have alot if learning and equipment to purchase.

Yasmar01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait. My take is there is a reason BRS and others are doing a 10% discount on Red Sea. I emailed Red Sea to see if the roller mat will be designed to fit existing V3 sumps and they gave me the run around, so I assume they wont.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Trent H

Trent H

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait. My take is there is a reason BRS and others are doing a 10% discount on Red Sea. I emailed Red Sea to see if the roller mat will be designed to fit existing V3 sumps and they gave me the run around, so I assume they wont.
I also emailed them and got the same response “we will release more in the spring” lol no inside information me! The answer is always no if you don’t ask!

Upvote 0

Yasmar01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally bought a reefer 350 last year and am kind of bummed out that a year later they will offer one with the roller mat. But I guess it can always be worse LOL

Upvote 0

OscarHaglund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The read sea web page tells you what modifications you need to do to your existing v3 sump to fit it. It seems highly probable that they will come out with a bew sump design when they release the roller. I for one am sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting until I see before I pull the trigger on a 300xl

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back