Will Revive dip kill Hair Worms? They are driving my zoa crazy!

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will most likely kill them. However, even if it doesn’t, when you dip, gently squirt the zoas with water to get the worms to blow off. That way, even if the Revive doesn’t kill them, they are detached and in your dipping container for you to just flush away.

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will most likely kill them. However, even if it doesn’t, when you dip, gently squirt the zoas with water to get the worms to blow off. That way, even if the Revive doesn’t kill them, they are detached and in your dipping container for you to just flush away.
Thanks!

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Revive won’t kill anything. It just shocks them and if they aren’t sessile, they let go. Sessile inverts most likely won’t let go.

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Revive won’t kill anything. It just shocks them and if they aren’t sessile, they let go. Sessile inverts most likely won’t let go.
This is true, hence why I suggested basting while in the revive as it may shock the worm. However, I also think you can just baste it off in the tank. Chances are, if you pull the zoa, the worm is going to get off before you pull from the tank (IMO).

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's unbelievable, I dipped them and it didn't kill them. I just put straight h2o2 on them and then scraped the area the best I could. No effect at all! They are in the nooks and crannies going into the zoas. Superglue will do it. I wish my corals were that durable!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristle worms hate melafix
I dip my shrooms in melafix occasionally when I get a bristle worm nestled up against foot and irritating them.
Melafix works everytime:D

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back