Will there be a Kessil A160X

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It 48"x30"x30". Eurobraced
Depending on the type of coral you're looking to keep, I would recommend either 2-3 A360X units with narrow reflectors. The narrow reflectors will help the light throw deep enough into the tank since it's a taller than normal tank.

U

User1

View Badges
Depending on the type of coral you're looking to keep, I would recommend either 2-3 A360X units with narrow reflectors. The narrow reflectors will help the light throw deep enough into the tank since it's a taller than normal tank.

Just to piggy back off this I have a 210 gallon tank that is 54" x 30" x 30" and as @Kessil noted above the narrow lens will punch through 30" just fine. They are a nice option to have as well as the flexible mounting heights ranging between 6, 8, and 10 inches.

Depending on how the rock work is laid out and the coral type they may not be needed right away but an option later as the tank and corals mature. I personally love the spread and have 4 of them over my display now.

U

User1

View Badges
Thanks @Kessil and @saf1 for the recommendation. @saf1 do you have anyfill in lighting

No, I do not. Truth be told it doesn't require it yet as it is about two and a half years into its upgrade. I have the aquascape set such that it is tiered for lack of a better word due to the dry rock I used size (pukani). I created some rock against the back wall (some dislike that) with it jetting out leaving a gap in the back then coming forward and wrapping around the right side and down. Then an island and a couple ledges.

I have a few SPS frags tucked away in different spots, monties, hammers, torch, few leathers, nuclear pallies, Japanese willo, Xenia, and a bubble coral that is starting to take off. There is also a maxima clam in here on the left. I also have cyno :) What I like about the Keessil's is that they provide a lot of contrast so the filler lights isn't something I would use because I like the contrast. The darker areas are getting lower light soft corals and some sun corals that like dark.

Sorry for the crummy photo but but should I need to fill in light I will add another a360x and use an adjustable mount so I can adjust direction of light. I'm an active scuba diver so I was trying to create a reef wall or crest to provide taller corals up front with open s pace for fish to swim. I have a bit of time for those tall corals to grow while the LPS and soft corals provide the bulk of the reef.

Again - sorry for crummy photo and algae. Nitrates are bottoming out so starting to dose to raise them a bit. Oh - also forgot to say that in the event you need support Kessil is amazing. I had a unit flicker and they responded quickly. Even in the current C19 world. I'm really pleased.

1598714531304.png

BillyW

FOWLR while out on the island of Oahu!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 500X is super sick! Someday after the army when I have a forever home and tank I’ll definitely be getting those. In the meantime though I need that on a much much smaller scale lol

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Kessil any updates yet? I have a 36x12x12 using OR3 bars, and they work, I just miss the shimmer I had with a kessil. Anything on a new 160x
Unfortunately nothing that I can comment on publicly at this time. We did just finish up the A500X - so there's more design and engineering resources available for other projects now.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately nothing that I can comment on publicly at this time. We did just finish up the A500X - so there's more design and engineering resources available for other projects now.
Any plans on updating the 160? It’s getting long in the tooth ;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back