Will these sting each other ?

MrDLHughesY

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2019
Messages
437
Reaction score
251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I have a green fibre optic and a green plating monti which has grown up rather that out so is now very close to the fibre optic. Just wondering if one of these will sting each other if so which will and which will win ?

4A19C6B6-F81F-423B-832A-ABBBF652815D.jpeg
 
looks like a pocclipora to me? No idea what a green fiber optic is? But the coral up top is already stinging the monti, just look dead center where they are touching.

What I find with plating monti's, even though they get stung, they just grow around the stinging section. IMO montipora's defense is how fast they grow.
 
If that is a galexia coral then I would move it. Those corals are very aggressive and can reach a long way.
 
The Stylophora or Pocillopora will put up a good fight and will win. As previously mentioned the Monti will continue to grow around and above the other piece. I suspect once the Monti is big enough shadowing will occur and then the other coral will show some signs of die off due to lack of light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new