Will this console table hold up my tank?

Zan's Aquatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I like this piece from World Market and I wonder if it will be sturdy enough for my 20 gallon long tank which is 36" X 12" X 12"!

The console is 54.5"W x 15"D x 30"H, 45.43 lbs.

What do you think? I figured the DIY section would be best to discuss this since you solve this issue...

Thank you!

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as those little nubs on the feet could be removed (tipping hazard), it should support the weight. My only concern is that the table is only 30" tall, so it's not the most ideal viewing height, but if this works for your application, the wood should support your tank in my opinion.

OP
OP
Zan's Aquatica

Zan's Aquatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as those little nubs on the feet could be removed (tipping hazard), it should support the weight. My only concern is that the table is only 30" tall, so it's not the most ideal viewing height, but if this works for your application, the wood should support your tank in my opinion.

oh, cool! I appreciate that! I'll look into the nubs... they are usually removable. Thank you

Yes it's not ideal at all... I'm considering it because It's for a planted freshwater tank where i enjoy the top down view as well and is near my bed so i can lay and enjoy them!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back