Will this kill clowns?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jaco2420
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
be it fish or people.
poetry!

My clown hosted the power head in my old tank and once he was transferred into my 75, he had fallen in love with the overflow box. I can’t complain, anytime he finds fish poop he brings it over to the overflow and that means it has a much better chance of being filtered. I guess the snails worked a deal with him, he’s part-time on the CUC now ;Hilarious
 
Yikes! @Jaco2420 abort abort! Hope the clown recovered! @lpsouth1978
Thanks, it did, but then my tank was wiped out a few months later due to velvet that snuck in. I now have a completely healthy and happy system (different one).
 
I've used the acrylic tube method with success (albeit several tries), however I don't current the clown fish down to the nem, I just kept the tube in place for several hours and let the clown touch the nem a few times. I had one clown take to it this way, and 2 others that did not.

My wife also got a video on the ipad looping of clown fish hosted by nems and we propped the ipad up to the glass and ran it for several days. That didn't work as well as some have had luck to.

The fact that you have the nem in an acclimation bin is in my opinion your best bet. My most success has been when I place my nem in acclimation bin prior to introduction of the nem to tank, and I captured the clown (or purchased, quarantined, then placed the clown(s) in the same acclimation box within the tank. I keep them here for a few days and the closer proximity to the nem typically promotes the relationship faster. Once the relationship is established, I place nem on rock and immediately release the clown upon first foot attachment of the nem.

I agree with all of my fellow reef-enthusiast-hobbyists-covid-survivors in that I don't FORCE anything and I've had a few clowns not hosted by anything, and others have chosen to befriend other types of coral (gonis, torches, etc).

Best of luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new