Willz 120g Monti Lagoon (probably Exhibit A in the future divorce...)

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea mine climbed like 75 a day till it evened out around 300

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea mine climbed like 75 a day till it evened out around 300

Do you see any variance in your salinity? Mine fell until about 2pm and is climbing again. I need to quit checking Fusion every five minutes, hahah....

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cheap and bought the old apex which did not have salinity.
But what I do know is that it can not be in a "high speed" zone in order for it to be consistent. Also what ur mixing ur water at say 33 might only be 30 on apex so don't chase the number chase the consistancy

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Justin! I just got it hooked up yesterday so I'm sure with more days worth of data I'll see trends. And won't be so freaked out ;)

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are just as bad as me. I'm in the process of going back to t5 and I keep checking my corals every 5 mins. lol.

Exactly, I'm just now finding out my lights are max 240 par in an elevated spot dead center under a light. I had started everything out on the glass to avoid shocking them. Now I have to figure out if I want to change my bulb config or leave it alone before I go out of town for two weeks over xmas. Argh.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, I'm just now finding out my lights are max 240 par in an elevated spot dead center under a light. I had started everything out on the glass to avoid shocking them. Now I have to figure out if I want to change my bulb config or leave it alone before I go out of town for two weeks over xmas. Argh.
I would leave it alone until u get back. And 240 is perfect for sps also is ur water clean? Like with carbon? Cleaner water higher par. Also how high are ur lights off the tank?

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would leave it alone until u get back. And 240 is perfect for sps also is ur water clean? Like with carbon? Cleaner water higher par. Also how high are ur lights off the tank?

I'm leaning that direction too. I do run GAC and GFO on this tank. The lights should be Ok at 13". I just think I may have screwed up running 4 x Actinic Plus, 1 x Fiji Purple and one Aquablue Azure in each fixture. I want to add a Coral Plus or two and replace the Actinic Plus. I just don't want to make a major change before I leave!

I have the PAR meter on the glass today and I'm eager to see what most of the frags are getting.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey buddy so I just upgraded my lights and I have two xho reefbrites just laying around I'm sure we can come up with a solution to the problem of ur par and my problem of not having cool frags like you

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey buddy so I just upgraded my lights and I have two xho reefbrites just laying around I'm sure we can come up with a solution to the problem of ur par and my problem of not having cool frags like you

I'll think about it, Justin. I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger on more lights since I have 4 Radion G4 Pros hanging out in a closet that I'm scared to upgrade before I go on my trip, too. When I do upgrade that will free up a 48" dual 250W halide fixture with two T5s. That was my original plan to add it to the other two 6 bulb T5s just because I love the halide look. All plans subject to change at a moments notice, hahah....

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll think about it, Justin. I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger on more lights since I have 4 Radion G4 Pros hanging out in a closet that I'm scared to upgrade before I go on my trip, too. When I do upgrade that will free up a 48" dual 250W halide fixture with two T5s. That was my original plan to add it to the other two 6 bulb T5s just because I love the halide look. All plans subject to change at a moments notice, hahah....
Man I want ur problems

Usctom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm leaning that direction too. I do run GAC and GFO on this tank. The lights should be Ok at 13". I just think I may have screwed up running 4 x Actinic Plus, 1 x Fiji Purple and one Aquablue Azure in each fixture. I want to add a Coral Plus or two and replace the Actinic Plus. I just don't want to make a major change before I leave!

I have the PAR meter on the glass today and I'm eager to see what most of the frags are getting.
Add some Blue plus bulbs. They have a lot of par and make the coral pop. The actinics dont have much par but add nice color.

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add some Blue plus bulbs. They have a lot of par and make the coral pop. The actinics dont have much par but add nice color.

Thanks Tom! Are the Blue + ATI or Geiseman?

I have Hamilton 10k and 460nm bulbs, but I don't know how nice they are or what their outputs are. I was keeping them for just in case reasons, but if they work I may swap out sooner.

Usctom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blueplus is ati. Geiseman has one similar but i cant remember the name. It is a great bulb. I run my fixtures with mostly them and one other color
Thanks Tom! Are the Blue + ATI or Geiseman?

I have Hamilton 10k and 460nm bulbs, but I don't know how nice they are or what their outputs are. I was keeping them for just in case reasons, but if they work I may swap out sooner.

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blueplus is ati. Geiseman has one similar but i cant remember the name. It is a great bulb. I run my fixtures with mostly them and one other color

Thank you! I'll see if I can't talk Santa into bringing me a few.

OP
OP
Willz

Willz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates? What was the par on the glass?

PAR on the glass is ~210 with all lights on (3 hours). The average during the light cycle was 144 PAR.
On the rock structure centered under the light shows ~260 with all lights on and an average of 180 throughout the day. I have a couple colonies of acros up there and they don't look faded or upset about the lighting levels. The montis on the glass are growing, but the colors aren't there yet.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very interesting
Does the apex graph it throughout the day like ph or temp?
Once again I don't think it matters par wise if ur that close to 200 which I have heard acros need but more on the consistancy of the par. I could be wrong as I am no light expert. And aren't colors from nutrients and not light?? And one last thin what is the or with just the reef brites

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back