Wilsoni so Hot, it needs it's own thread!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm on the waiting list. :D

OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dangit, why'd you have to post a pic, the list is too long already, LOL!!

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this back up. How has this piece done for other people? Mine completely bleached out after receiving it, I nursed it back for 6 months and now its amazing.

ARI_0399_zps5e8ccacb.jpg

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this back up. How has this piece done for other people? Mine completely bleached out after receiving it, I nursed it back for 6 months and now its amazing.

ARI_0399_zps5e8ccacb.jpg

Beautiful! Been looking for a nice willsoni for a while now. One of my favorite corals. Glad to see it came back around for you.

OP
OP
AquaSD

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!!!

Just for everyones info, we do not have anymore of these unfortunately.

Thanks for all the inquires!

doylef4i

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ARI_0399_zps5e8ccacb.jpg
How exactly did you nurse it back to health after bleaching. I've seen this happen a few times with these and was not able to save them.

ultimatemj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, what lights and intensity do you have that under?
And did you buy a "big frag" or do you have substantial growth? If that later, what and how often are you feeding?

My Wilsoni frag was a 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" frag that also completely bleached out upon arrival. It has since colored up very closely to the original pic...but I can't get a good pic of it with my phone :(
wilsonis_feb2015.jpg

For reference the Voodoo chalice behind it has a bright green rim and eyes...someone with a good camera took a pic of it when it was half as big :)
JF voodoo.jpg

The Wilsoni has orange "eye" with fluorescent green(the frosty looking part) lining and dark dark purple(red?) ribs/body.

I have it on the sand bed, running AI Hydras @ 50% and has grown maybe 1/2". I used to feed it Fauna Marine LPS pellets every week or two, but the rest of the tank inhabitants tend to pick the food out of it before it digest them :( Based on your colors I'm thinking it might be time to move it up in the tank a bit!

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! Mine also came in totally bleached out but I was unable to get it to recover and slowly receded and eventually died. I tried everything. Good to see some had better results then me!

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How exactly did you nurse it back to health after bleaching. I've seen this happen a few times with these and was not able to save them.

Very low light and flow and fed it twice a week if not more.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back