WIN a Tunze Nano Wave Box from the Reef2Reef Saltwater Aquarium Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nanowavebox.jpg

WE are REEF2REEF and WE do prizes for our members because you deserve it and you are the best!

This month we're making it EASY! You must do 2 things to qualify to win this bad boy:

1. LIKE the Tunze Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/US.Tunze
Tunze has 1284 LIKES as of right now. Let's see if we can at least get them 1000 new LIKES!

2. LIKE the R2R Facebook Page here: https://www.facebook.com/REEF2REEF

3. Post in this thread your favorite thing about the saltwater aquarium hobby.

Winning Prize:

Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206 valued at over $339.99!

Tunze-Nano-Wavebox-6206-99.jpg

TUNZE® Nano Wavebox

TUNZE® Nano Wavebox and Wavebox are suitable wave generators for all reef biotopes. They produce oscillating waves which produce water movement almost identical to reef zones. Nano Wavebox and Wavebox are controlled by means of Wavecontroller 6091, which utilizes the principal of resonance frequency to create wave motion. The resonance frequency is set on the Wavecontroller; it is the frequency, at which the waves can reach the maximum height in the aquarium. At very little power consumption, an enormous water movement is produced very efficiently. All of the water in the tank is in movement, which means that water also laps around areas behind stones.
In large tanks, a Wavebox 6212 and a Wavebox Extension 6212.50 should be fitted, the latter being a Wavebox 6212 without Wavecontroller 6091 which is used as an extension. Nano Wavebox and Wavebox can be fitted in any corner of the aquarium.

A special Wavebox pump is used as a wave generating pump, which belongs to the family of the Turbelle ® stream pumps. It pumps the water out of the box at a high speed. The Wavecontroller 6091 stops the pump after a short time; the water returns into the housing of the Wavebox.

The Wavecontroller 6091 controls the pump in such a way that switching on and off corresponds to a certain frequency. The frequency is determined when the unit is set up, which then remains constant. Given a strong growth of coral, this frequency should be re-adjusted after some time. In order to ensure night-mode operation, the Wavecontroller 6091 has been fitted with a photoelectric cell: In this case the Wavebox will be set to standstill for the night. The Foodtimer integrated in the Wavecontroller switches the Wavebox off when food is dispensed. The wave generation is interrupted for about 7 to 9 minutes to permit feeding. The break in wave movement whilst the fish are fed ensures that no food gets into the stone structures and that the fish can feed undisturbed by the wave movement.

Dimensions: L 125 x W 55 x H 220 mm (L 4.9 x W 2.1 x H 8.6 in.).
Immersion depth: approx. 180 mm (7.0 in.), on average 10 W, 230 V / 50 - 60 Hz (115 V / 50 - 60 Hz).
For tanks from 150 to 600 litres

[video=youtube;r2gT6qNnlBg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2gT6qNnlBg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Winner will be announced 32 days from today!

Thanks again to Tunze USA!

Last edited:

Cooper32803

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to r2r and Tunze!! Another great giveaway!! :)

My favorite thing about the hobby is corals... Love watching them grow and thrive!

Last edited:

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ilike the challange of trying to make things grow in my captivity...and of course the colors(even for a colorblind guy)

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about the saltwater aquarium hobby is the fact that we can keep an ecosystem that we may never get to see in person within our own homes.

reefrottie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I owned a home I had a yard I could garden in. I now live in an apartment so I "garden" in my aquarium.

Detroit_306

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part of this hobby is the look of amazement on people's faces when they see the plastic box of water!

reefmadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about the hobby would be the fact that I am creating an entire ecosystem that relies solely upon myself to maintain and thrive. It gives me a huge sense of accomplishment, and pride when I see that I am doing things right, and that everything I have done is working.

uall8up

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go again....another amazing giveaway!!! WTG Tunze and R2R!!! Thank you!!!

Watching everything grow right before my eyes!!

Last edited:

erock20032007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite thing about the hobby is the challenge of keeping the perfect conditions for many varieties of saltwater life to not only live but thrive in my aquarium. oh yea and of course the beautiful corals!

Dotapvd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome give away, my favorite thing is that we can keep such cool stuff in our homes with the hopes to go diving to see one day!

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about this reefkeeping is watching a empty glass box turn into a mini ecosystem that not too long ago was impossible to keep.

Coral/fish aquaculture is also amazing as are the hobbyists who partake in this crazy obsession.

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite thing about this hobby is the beatiful fish and the stunning corals we the oppurtinity to keep in our little slice of the ocean

serpent

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about this hobby is the sense of peace the aquarium and corals give me.

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my favorite thing about the hobby is being able to helping others not make the same mistakes I have, with sites like this of course

cryptics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about the hobby is seeing corals growing and striving

Rick Fite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already like them both but I never win anything. Favorite thing is oddball invertebrates. Slipper lobsters. Interesting conchs and the like.

Russter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favourite thing about this hobby is that it is always challenging and keeps you on your toes. You never know what is going to happen in your tank from day to day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back