I have a clownfish in bad shape. I'll give all the info I can think of to avoid multiple posts troubleshooting, but if I missed something please ask. I'll try to be as concise as possible. I'm buying a QT tank and filter first thing tomorrow so medication suggestions are welcome if a likely diagnosis is found. I recommend skipping to ** and referring back to timeline info if necessary . I don't want my clown to suffer for my poor judgment Thank you for your help! Tank timeline in a nutshell... - 24 gal AIO nano cube tank started feb. 1, - lighting is 2x ABI PAR 38, 24 watt. - dry BRS pukani rock, prepped with acid/ bleach bath - live Carib sea Caribbean oolite sand - tank cycled for 3 mo., addded bio-spira and 'ghost feeder ' with constant testing - worst problem was nitrate at 20ppm - at 3 mo. added clean up crew... - 2 Halloween hermits - 1 red leg hermit - 1 blue leg hermit (most aggressive of the 4) - fire shrimp - 4 cirth snails - July 30 I added the clown in question (5 mo. after initial setup. Cycle was definitely measured and complete.) - Clownfish did awesome, happy and ate like a pig, but not quarantined. - constantly dealt with clouded (white) water, mainly during morning hours. Increased vacuuming/water changes. - 1 mo. Later added 11 frags (softies and LPS) from a well known (brothers) tank. Clown still doing excellent. Also added a firefish from LFS. Firefish shy from get go. - couldy water got worse and new corals weren't opening, firefish continued to hide. bought nano zapp inline uv sterilizer and water cleared up in 3 days. Apparently it was a bacterial issue. Firefish came out more often and corals are open and producing new polyps daily/weekly. ** - Firefish got less shy with clearer water but disappeared about 2 weeks ago. - after a week I figured I lost the firefish, and all hell broke lose when I went looking for the carcass. I removed a main base rock in my setup and the whole tank went grey/brown with detritus. - Snowflake Ocellaris had to endure a few hours of horrendous conditions while the water cleared and I switched multiple filter pads. Water was clear within 3-4 hours, but my clownfish has been breathing hard and hasn't eaten since. Never found the firefish, must have been taken care of by the CUC. - about 10 hours later did a 20% waterchange, 24 hrs after that did another 20% water change and decided to observe. - it will be a week tomorrow since the clownfish has eaten, his breathing has slowed since the last water change but is still not normal. Parameters since before and after removing rocks (minus the time during 'the incident'): - API test kits are used across the board (and have always worked well for me in the past) - salinity=35ppt or 1.026/1.027 (refractometer, calibrated with pinpoint) - ammonia=0 - nitrite=0 - nitrate<5ppm - calc, dkh, and phosphate are tested as well (available if needed) - no protein skimmer, but I have air stones and I'm diligent with my water changes. - I did a 5 min FW dip about 36 hours ago, I did not notice anything 'fall out.' Fish does not seem worse off from the dip. - there haven't been any red marks or burn signs that I can see near the gills. I'll stop here to hopefully not scare anyone else off from the long post, but I need help! If there is anything I left out please ask, I want to save this fish! shes the only one I have and after the hours of observation I'm a bit attached!