With all the info I have, please help my clownfish.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip, I used it when I first set up the QT 3 days ago haven't dosed since, and will have done (by the time the cupramine gets here) 2 25% water changes. Do I need to make this next one more than 25% or should the prime be at a safe level?
do you use ro water?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the best investments you can make. It is the best way to control your water quality. Store ro machines have a much higher tds than what is desirable for marine tank use in my experience. BTW...I always have a biofilter media sitting in my sump to have a quick biofilter for a QT or hospital tank. It gets sterilized between uses and it takes many weeks to fully mature. With the use of Stability I stopped getting ammonia readings in my hospital tanks. I also started using QP instead of copper. It is safer, more predictable and does not negatively effect the good bacteria in the biofilter. Keep reading about fish disease, hospital tank treatment plans, and QT process. I found some very interesting and informative threads on this site.

gmcc14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip, I used it when I first set up the QT 3 days ago haven't dosed since, and will have done (by the time the cupramine gets here) 2 25% water changes. Do I need to make this next one more than 25% or should the prime be at a safe level?

Prime is supposed to dissipate after 24 hours so you should be fine. Good luck!

OP
OP
DaltoniousMax

DaltoniousMax

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shes doing really good, her tail is starting to grow back and shes eating and breathing like normal. Last day of the Furan 2. Still in the doing the copper, I had to find a decent test before I started. Now i'm just waiting for the DT to be ich free. 76 days... bummer! I have to say I learned my lesson, no ones going near that DT without treatment first! Thank you again for every ones help, shes on her way to full recovery:)

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shes doing really good, her tail is starting to grow back and shes eating and breathing like normal. Last day of the Furan 2. Still in the doing the copper, I had to find a decent test before I started. Now i'm just waiting for the DT to be ich free. 76 days... bummer! I have to say I learned my lesson, no ones going near that DT without treatment first! Thank you again for every ones help, shes on her way to full recovery:)

I love good news! :)

But just in case, be sure to continue Furan-2 treatment for 10-14 days. Even if she's looking better.

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is just great. I am happy for you and your fish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back