Worm ID please :)

Cherry Bomb

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2018
Messages
136
Reaction score
177
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few of these little (less than a centimetre) worms in my tank. They love cruising/cleaning the rocks and can be quite fast. They move forward and then backup.
EDF3719D-87A8-4194-980B-06CF7A979C29.jpeg
 
Can u take a pic with whites
 
Might be a peanut worm. Wife has two of them in her nano. Does it look like they stretch out and retract back?
 
Whoops! Tried to cancel this. I think I id’d It as a Dorvilleidae worm?
 
More terrible pics

136208CE-31FE-49A4-AD3F-0B164550155F.jpeg


A011FCD6-C5A0-4799-8562-20233CA6ECDA.jpeg
 
Might be a peanut worm. Wife has two of them in her nano. Does it look like they stretch out and retract back?
Definitely not a peanut. I’ve had those before.
 
Looks like the arm of a mini brittle star. If it is, total score.

Look around and see if you see other lil arms pokin' around after a feeding.
 
Looks like the arm of a mini brittle star. If it is, total score.

Look around and see if you see other lil arms pokin' around after a feeding.
Nope. I love mini brittle stars though! I have a few :)
 
Better pic of one of them. Super cool worm!

7E86EB73-BE09-430E-B54A-3A78F6104CC1.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new