Worm ID

Vitor

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2024
Messages
96
Reaction score
19
Location
Portugal
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Unfortunately, of the actual worm itself I have only a picture of a part of it.
So my candy cane I thought has been looking weird for a while. There was this weird hard sheel structure growing between the the heads, that seemed to move (open close) and produce quite a bit of waste.
The heads also seemed to have bites of sorts, as especially the smaller ones would have bits of skeleton exposed.
So I start messing around with it. Took it out, broke those pieces of structure and there is like this "tube" with a hole. I broke some arms to frag and I try and break that said structure. When I put it back I notice this worm! I immediately grab it back and grab the worm with tweezers. In the middle of this whole mess I can only take picture of a part of the worm, as the rest went down the drain.
I attach some pictures. Can someone help ID? Big problem? Would there be more?
My zoas have been more closed than usual as well, but they are far from the candy cane, so I would guess unrelated.
Thanks!

IMG_5985.jpg IMG_5986.JPG IMG_5987.JPG IMG_5988.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new