Worm in chaeto I just ordered.

DougiesREEF

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2021
Messages
96
Reaction score
21
Location
New Brunswick
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resized_20210408_201108.jpg


Hi everyone. I am new to reefing and I ordered this "clean" algae off Ebay. Long story short it wasn't that clean. Can anyone help me identify what this is?
 
Also, how should I go about removing them? Should I try to return the chaeto or should I do a freshwater rinse and pluck the suckers out.
 
Hopefully, someone can ID for you.
It may be beneficial like a feather duster or bristleworm, so no need to remove.
If you wanted to be safe, maybe try to remove what you see.
 
Resized_20210408_201108.jpg


Hi everyone. I am new to reefing and I ordered this "clean" algae off Ebay. Long story short it wasn't that clean. Can anyone help me identify what this is?
Might be a Medusa worm (actually a type of sea cucumber) and some species are toxic I believe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new