Worm living inside hammer coral skeleton?

Alyssalaurente

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2020
Messages
32
Reaction score
18
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’ve noticed this brown fuzzy looking thing popping in and out of a hole in my hammer coral skeleton (bottom left)I made sure to dip the coral before adding it to my tank, but I guess whatever it is, wasn’t phased by the dip. Any ideas what this could be? Is it harmless, harmful? Hammer coral has been opening up fine and looks healthy so far. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Here is a video
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2666.MOV
    9.2 MB
Here is an image if the video is not opening up

9C66F383-2861-4A63-8E82-82EDF93E5329.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new